The Civil Engineering Department offers a part-time M.Tech. program (Geotechnical Engineering) P.T., which runs for two and a half years. The curriculum covers foundation analysis and design, slope stability, earth retention, and construction features. Practical courses provide exposure to popular geotechnical software such as GEO5, Power GEOPAK, and ANSYS 11.0. The curriculum is designed by industry experts and academics who also happen to participate in regular workshops, seminars, training courses to provide practical knowledge to students.
- To prepare graduates to perform analysis and design of various geotechnical structures.
- To prepare graduates to take up industrial project in the field of geotechnical engineering and allied area and also research work in the relevant domain.
- An ability to independently carry out research / investigation and development work to solve practical problems.
- Write and present a substantial technical report/document.
- Demonstrate a degree of mastery over the area as per the specialization of the program i.e. geotechnical engineering.
Students of Civil engineering can get varied job opportunities like Building control surveyor, CAD technician, Consulting civil engineer, Contracting civil engineer, Design engineer, Site engineer,
Structural engineer, Water engineer, etc