The goal of the Electronics Engineering Department is to provide cutting-edge technical education in the field of electronics engineering, instilling a scientific mindset in students that will lead to research opportunities, and to establish itself as a center of excellence in microelectronics.
Promote quality education in a stimulating environment, impart technical and professional skills with ethical values for career success. Develop a microelectronics center of excellence with continuing education and collaborative research with institutions/industries.
Features Of Department
- Dedicated team of faculty members with average teaching experience of eleven years.
- 17 state of art laboratories with a total investment of Rs. Two crores forty lacs.
- Center of Excellence in Microsystems supported by Intellisense
- Center for PMKVY-TI skill development program in the area of computing and peripherals
- Visvesvaraya Ph. D Scheme for Electronics & IT of DeitY, GoI
- National Doctoral Fellowship Scheme
- Research visibility (Past six years)
- Patents : Published : 14 Filed : 08
- Copyright : Published : 22 Filed : 43
- Publications : SCI: 15, SCOPUS: 76, WOS:38, Others: 97, Books: 2, Book chaps:4
- Co-curricular activities through Embedded club, Electrolitz society, IETE and IEEE student chapter
- Community engagement through social responsibility cell: “Seva Disha”
- Mentor for ATAL Tinkering Laboratories
- Prepare graduates to solve engineering problems with a strong foundation in math, science, and electronics fundamentals.
- To inculcate an ability to design and develop electronic systems to cater the needs of the society and give exposure to emerging edge technologies.
- To instill a sense of professional and ethical values, effective communication, teamwork, multidisciplinary approach and lifelong learning to excel in professional career / higher studies
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Programme Specific Outcomes
- An ability to apply concepts of electronics engineering and computing technologies to analyze complex systems in the areas of signal processing, embedded systems and VLSI.
- An ability to comprehend the technological advancements in the usage of modern design tools to design systems for diverse applications.
The field of electronics engineering offers diverse range of career prospects including electronics design and development, telecommunications, aerospace and defense, robotics and automation, renewable energy, research and academia.
- Bachelor of Engineering (Electronics Engineering)
- Master of Technology (VLSI Design)
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.)
According to the latest data based on the year 2022-23, out of 205 students, 164 students got placement on campus and 164 students opted for higher studies and entrepreneurship.
List of some of the leading companies participating in the placement drive
- Ideas 91