Our objective is to produce Electronics design engineers who are highly proficient in their technical abilities and can excel in the global industrial arena.
We strive to excel in training students to recognize the necessities of the electronic design industry and offer efficient techno-economic solutions by designing electronic systems.
Features of Departments
- RCOEM’s EDT department was established in 1987 and is the only one college offering this degree as an under graduate program.
- We have received accreditation twice by NBA of AICTE, New Delhi.
- Our curriculum emphasizes electronic system design with a mix of theory and practical subjects, inspired by IISc Bangalore.
- Specialized labs including a state-of-the-art PCB design lab and system design lab, with upgrades and funding under MODROB.
- We emphasize on overall student development through “GENESIS” student society, organizing events, discussions, and skill-enhancing opportunities with technocrats, industrialists, and alumni
A degree course in Electronics Design Technology enables students to enter into an Electronics Core fields as a design engineer or research scholars. EDT Graduate can work with public sectors, Telecom Industry, computer Hardware and Software Industry, Network Industry, Automation and Instrumentation Industry.
- Develop graduates with fundamental knowledge in science, math, and electronics to excel in careers/higher education.
- Apply knowledge to provide feasible and socially acceptable solutions for complex problems.
- Exhibit professionalism, ethics, communication, teamwork, and adaptability through lifelong learning
- Employ mathematical, scientific, and engineering principles to analyze and evaluate complex engineering problems.
- Create solutions that meet requirements with a focus on public health, safety, societal, and environmental issues.
- Conduct research to draw valid conclusions.
- Implement contemporary tools and techniques for engineering activities.
- Apply contextual knowledge to evaluate societal, health, safety, legal, and cultural issues related to engineering practices and responsibilities.
- Recognize the impact of engineering solutions on the environment and society, and demonstrate knowledge of sustainable development.
- Apply ethical principles, professional responsibilities, and engineering practice norms.
- Collaborate effectively as an individual and as a part of diverse teams in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communicate effectively about complex engineering activities to the engineering community and society at large.
- Demonstrate knowledge of engineering and management principles and manage projects.
- Acknowledge the need for continuous learning and engage in life-long learning.
Program Specific Outcomes
- Understand the process involved in developing electronic systems.
- Develop cost-effective, reliable, and user-friendly solutions while considering environmental and social factors
According to the latest data based on the year 2021-22, 27 students got placed and 27 opted for higher studies and entrepreneurship.
List of some of the leading companies participating in the placement drive
- L&T Integrated Engineering services
- Tech Mahindra
- Tata ELXSI