To pursue excellence in quality education, research and innovation through teamwork with a focus on computer applications for the benefit of the industry, students and society.
The Department of Computer Application is working to impart quality education with a dedicated and highly motivated faculty. We also strive to foster mutually beneficial relationships with industry and academia.
- An ability to apply knowledge of computing fundamentals and mathematics across disciplines.
- An ability to identify, formulate and implement complex computing solutions using principles of mathematics, computing and relevant domain knowledge.
- An ability to design, analyze and evaluate solutions for complex computing problems taking into account cultural, societal and environmental aspects.
- An ability to design and conduct experiments, analyze and interpret data to provide valid conclusions.
- An ability to apply current techniques, skills and appropriate tools in various domains in the field of IT.
- An ability to understand professional ethics, legal and social issues along with cyber regulations.
- An ability to engage in life-long learning and continuing professional development.
- Apply the understanding of management principles with computing knowledge to manage projects in multidisciplinary environments.
- To inculcate an ability to communicate effectively in written and verbal form to a variety of audiences about complex computing activities.
- An ability to understand the impact of local and global computing on individuals, organizations and society.
- An ability to apply the principles of teamwork, leadership and collaboration to function productively and professionally.
- An ability to develop as an entrepreneur in the software domain through innovative approaches and benefit society at large.
Program Specific Outcomes
- Understand, analyze and develop computer programs related to algorithms, system software, multimedia, web design and networking for the efficient design of computer-based systems of varying complexity.
- Apply standard engineering practices using an open-source programming environment to deliver a quality product for business success.
- Be acquainted with contemporary issues and the latest trends in technological development and thereby innovate new ideas and solutions to existing problems.
Features of the Department
- Two shifts with a total intake of 120 students (60 in each shift).
- Offers a 2-year full-time course with each year divided into two semesters.
- Equipped with modern infrastructure and state-of-art laboratories.
- Phenomenal placements and institute-backed internship efforts.
- Most preferred destination in central India for students opting for the MCA course.
- Focus on student-centric teaching/ learning through the introduction of CBCS (Choice Based Credit System).
- The syllabus was designed to align with the current requirement of the IT Industry.
- Creating quality professionals for the IT and ITES sector.
- Enabling personality development of students by conducting annual workshops on aptitude development (WAD).
- The signing of MOU with the companies in the region for knowledge upgradation and training of students and staff of the department.
- Setting up labs in association with the industry as part of industry interaction.
- High conversion rate of six-month internships into placements.
- The MCA course offers a variety of course specializations due to which a multitude of job profiles are created.
- The course has a wide acceptance and offers excellent career opportunities in various industries including software development companies in the areas of System analysis/design/developments/supports, mobile application programming, game programming, web and e-commerce development, database administration, software testing, education and training etc.
- Multinational corporations and many software companies in India hire candidates with MCA degrees.
- MCA graduates can also avail the prospect of going abroad for off-shore development in the top IT companies across the world. Many government organizations also hire them.
- The employability and career growth prospects for an MCA graduate are extremely high.