Board of Studies
Every programme shall have its own Board of Studies (BOS) to look after all matters pertaining to that particular programme.
- Head of the department concerned (Chairman)
- The entire faculty of each specialization
- Two experts in the subject from outside the Institute to be nominated by the Academic Council.
- One expert to be nominated by the Vice Chancellor from a panel of six recommended by the Principal.
- One representative from the industry/ corporate sector/allied area relating to placement.
- One post graduate meritorious alumnus to be nominated by the Principal.
The Chairman BOS, may with the approval of the Principal, co-opt
- Expert from outside the college whenever sufficient courses of studies are to be formulated.
- Other members of staff of the same faculty.
Provided that in case of Applied sciences the Chairman of the Board will be HOD of Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Humanities by rotation. Remaining composition of the Board will be the same.
BOS of a department in the Institute shall :
- Prepare syllabi for various courses keeping in view the objectives of the Institute, interest of the stakeholders and national requirement for consideration and approval of the Academic Council;
- Suggest methodologies for innovative teaching and evaluation techniques ;
- Suggest panel of names to the Academic Council for appointment of examiners ; and
- Coordinate research, teaching, extension and other academic activities in the department/Institute.
The Principal of the Institute shall appoint the BOS in consultation with the respective Head of the Department. In case of vacancies in BOS replacement shall be done by Chairman BOS with the approval of the Principal. For an interdisciplinary programme, an ad-hoc board shall be constituted by Dean Academics. A Programme Coordinator shall be appointed by the Principal in consultation with the Dean Academics and the Heads of the concerned Departments to look after all the administrative and academic matters related to the interdisciplinary programme.
The Programme/Course Coordinator shall exercise the functions of the Chairman, of such ad-hoc Boards.