The Institute provides excellent hostel facility within the campus for the students who wish to avail the campus residential facility. The boys’ hostel is located at the rear end of the college while the girls’ hostel is situated near the Ramdeobaba temple.
Accommodation and intake capacity
There are separate hostel buildings for girls with a capacity to accommodate around 145 students. Available occupancy rooms in this hostel are double, triple, four and five seated. Every year, there is a provision to accommodate around 40 first year students in Girls’ Hostel.
|Sr. No.||Types of Rooms||Room Capacity||Student Capacity|
The Girls’ Hostel has a dispensary, with an experienced physician to take care of regular checkups and other minor diseases. Consultation and medicines are provided free of charge. In order to take care of hospitalization or any specialized treatment and medications, students are advised to avail health insurance. The College also has MoUs with four hospitals.These are
- Shantimohan Hospital, Sadar, Nagpur
- Prestige Nursing Home, Chhaoni, Nagpur
- Care Hospital, Panchsheel squre, Nagpur
- CIIMS Hospital, Bajaj Nagar, Nagpur
Students residing in hostel can avail Gymnasium facility. This facility is within Girls’ Hostel premises. Ten gym equipment are installed along with medicinal ball. Indoor Badminton court and Table Tennis court facilities are also provided.Wi- Fi
A dedicated line with 3Mbps speed & a dedicated server is available in Girls’ hostel premises and all the rooms have wi- fi access for 24 hours in order to cater the web browsing need of the students.Mess
: Girls’ Hostel has well-equipped fully vegetarian mess facility. The hostel mess functions on yearly contract basis and is fully cooperative to the needs of the students. The hygiene maintained in the mess is according to high quality standard. Water coolers are fitted with purifying systems on every floor. These water purifiers are maintained periodically by authorised servicing companies.Other Facilities
- 24 x 7 monitoring and supervision of student’s activities by experienced caretakers.
- Isolated residence for first year students to strictly prohibit ragging in the premises.
- Hot water facility on every floor.
- Washing Machine facility on every floor.
- Recreation room for watching T.V. & reading newspapers.
- Electricity back-up
- Regular cleaning of the hostel premises and rooms.
|Particular of fees/student||Double seated room||Triple and Four seated room||Five seated room|
|Mess deposit advance||22,500/-||22,500/-||22,500/-|
|Caution money deposit (Refundable)||10000/-||10,000/-||10000/-|
|Miscellaneous (student fund)||500/-||500/-||500/-|
Every year various events are organised in hostel to encourage extra co-curricular activities. These are
- Janmastami Utsav
- Ganash Utsav
- Pehchan for second year students
- Lodhi on 14th January
- Sayonara - for final year students
RULES AND REGULATIONS FOR THE HOSTEL STUDENTS
Shri Ramdeobaba College of Engineering and Management is a temple of learning where teachers, students and staff follow the principle of worshipping knowledge and values with utmost sincerity, dedication and discipline. To maintain this glorious tradition, it is mandatory for all the students of the college to abide by the following rules and regulation.Following are the rules & regulations for the hostel students:
- Students are expected to dress neatly, behave politely and show due regards and courtesy to all.
- Students are expected to refrain from making any activities, which is likely to disturb others and for such wrongful acts, if complaint is received then it shall be presumed that the act is done, unless proved, otherwise strict action including expulsion from hostel shall be taken.
- Students are expected to devote his/her most of the time in studies and other academic developments.
- The student is expected to stay in his/her own allotted room. However, he/she will be allowed to shift to other vacant room only after the permission from Warden.
- In case of maintenance, he/she will have to shift to other room temporarily for the duration of the repair work as directed by the warden.
- Students will have to vacate their room within 3 days after their summer examination.
- No visitor will be allowed in the hostel without prior permission. After grant of permission, visitors may stay till 7.30 p.m. in the hostel room.
- Gambling, smoking, consuming alcohol, drugs are strictly prohibited. Any violation of the rule will lead to expulsion of the student from the hostel as well as college. The ill acts and bad habits are punishable and liable for expulsion from college/hostel.
- The Warden or any person authorized by him/her has the right to enter or open any room of the hostel without any pre intimation and can conduct search of belongings of the students.
- ANY HOSTELLER FOUND OR REPORTED INDULGINGIN IN RAGGING IN ANY FORM INSIDE/OUTSIDE THE HOSTEL PREMISES, WILL BE EXPELLED FROM THE HOSTEL IMMEDIATELY.
- The Warden is authorized to refuse admission or expel any student without assigning any reason.
- Absence from the hostel without permission is a serious misconduct which may lead to suspension/expulsion from the hostel.
- No students will be permitted to enter the hostel after 10.30 p.m.in boy’s hostel and 9.00 p.m. in girl’s hostel. However a student who has sought prior permission from the Warden/Caretaker to come late may be allowed to enter after the specified time but not later than the time up to which he/she has been granted permission by the Warden/Caretaker. In case, the student goes out without prior permission, the hostel authority shall have right to terminate/expel the student from the hostel & authority shall not be answerable for any misdeed, or wrong incident, occurring with the student. In case of Girl Student it is mandatory that the parent of the student shall call the warden for obtaining permission for late coming, night outs and leave. The number given by the parent at the time of admission shall only be entertained.
- Students are not allowed for mass gathering to conduct any meeting or otherwise without prior permission from the warden. If it is noticed then disciplinary action will be taken against those, who involved.
- Burning of fire-crackers in the Hostel/College premises is serious offence. Violation of this rule may invite rustication/expulsion of all the students who are directly or indirectly involved in this act.
- It is advised that students shall wear Helmet, while riding two wheelers.
- Electricity back-up will be provided in the hostel after college working hours only.
- The students are advised to inform hostel office in case of any medical help and are advised to seek the help of Doctor appointed for this purpose.
- The students are themselves responsible for the security of their belongings.
- Student’s procession in the form of rally is strictly prohibited.
- Nobody shall be allowed to have any electrical appliance in the room or in the hostel like water heater, iron, washing machine etc. If anybody found with such appliances in the room /hostel premises he/she will be charged or fined Rs. 1000/- for each default. If such appliances remain in the hostel premises a fine of Rs.200/- per day would be charged in addition to the fine of Rs.1000/-.
- Any matter not covered by the rules may be decided by the Warden and all rights are reserved to Hostel committee/Wardens to amend and/or alter the rules and regulations of the hostel.
- Entire Girls’ Hostel from outside premises is covered by six surveillance cameras to tighten the security of its students as well as intrusion of outsiders creating disturbance.
- Around seven high power CFL lamps are installed on top of Girls’ Hostel covering whole area for protection purpose during night.
- 24 x 7 two security guards are available (shift wise) in the hostel. One security guard at entrance gate and other are at the backside of hostel to patrol the hostel continuously.