RCOEM Local Chapter About Swayam About Nptel Achievements Reports July-Oct 2018 Reports - 2019 Awareness Workshop Statistics
The National Programme on Technology Enhanced Learning (NPTEL) was initiated by seven Indian Institutes of Technology (Bombay, Delhi, Kanpur, Kharagpur, Madras, Guwahati and Roorkee) along with the Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore in 2003. NPTEL started offering certification on courses offered in the open online mode, based on the MOOCs model.
- Largest online repository in the world of courses in Engineering, Basic Sciences and selected Humanities and Social Sciences subjects.
- NPTEL helps disseminate online teaching/learning content of high quality and uses Information Technology for dissemination.
- All those who are gainfully employed in industries and all other walks of life and require continuous training and updating their knowledge can also benefit from well-developed and peer-reviewed course contents by the IITs, IISc and other partner institutions in NPTEL.
- NPTEL conducts Online in-person, proctored certification examination twice a year. The objective of this examination is to enable students to obtain certificates for NPTEL courses and make them employable in the industry or pursue a suitable higher education programme. The advanced NPTEL courses are also being recognized by AICTE as Faculty development programs (FDP).
- NPTEL courses are open for anyone to access – at no cost. So anyone who is interested in learning gets access to quality content, which also includes discussion with the content creator and access to assignments for self testing.
- To know more visit :https://nptel.ac.in