RCOEM TBIShri Ramdeobaba College of Engineering and Management - Technology Business Incubation
RCOEM Center for Innovation, Entrepreneurship and Incubation
RCOEM TECHNOLOGY BUSINESS INCUBATORS FOUNDATION is a flagship initiative of the RCOEM, intended to build a strong eco-system for nurturing innovation and Startups in the region that will drive sustainable economic growth and employment .
To support above objectives , a section 8 company have been incorporated by RCOEM to give momentum to innovation , entrepreneurship and incubation support related activities.
Objectives of RCOEM TBI:
- New Venture Creation: to promote new technology/knowledge based ventures.
- Technology Commercialization: to provide a platform for speedy Commercialization of technologies developed in the host institution or industry and R&D institution of the country.
- Interfacing and Networking: to provide networking between academia, industry and financial institution.
- Value Addition: to provide value added services viz. legal, financial, technical, IPR, etc. to incubate.
Ideas selected for incubation
- Paver Blocks
- Fall Arresting Device
- Multipurpose Grease
- Mobile Application Food Services
- Milk Adulteration Detection
- Non Evasive Blood Sugar Detection
Thrust Areas:Following areas are identified
- Information & Communication Technology (ICT)
- Electrical and Electronics Products/Appliances
- Renewable Energy
- Manufacturing and Processing
- Fully furnished offices
- Personal computers, Printers
- Telecom facilities
- Internet connectivity
- Business plan assistance
- Mentoring support
- Access to professionals with legal, financial, accounting, IP, and industry expertise
- Showcasing events for exhibition of products and solutions
- Networking events to facilitate interaction with investors and industries
- Training programmes and seminars relevant to entrepreneurs
- Seed fund support on case-to-case basis
Advantages of Ecosystem
- Proximity of technical and management expertise at RCOEM
- Advantage of student talents of RCOEM
- Library resources
- Meeting and conference rooms equipped with projectors & audio/video conferencing facilities
- High-end photocopying, fax, scanning machines
- Canteen facilities
- Laboratory facilities: ,access to institute laboratories
Done Assessment of entrepreneurial and startup needs
Oasis: Vibrant Entrepreneurship Development Cell
Following supportive activities for promoting innovations and entrepreneurship are conducted throught the year in College:
- 4 credit courses on Entrepreneurship Development in curriculum.
- Workshops / Seminars on Entrepreneurship
- Business Mastermind Event
- Empower : Technology and Product Exhibition
- Innovate Students Project Competition
- Innoquest Business Case study presentation by Industry Persons
- Participation at SUPRA, SAE, ROBOCON, ACCRIX, TECHFESTs Events
- Interactions with successful Alumni Entrepreneurs and Industrial Associations
- Professional Body Chapters IEEE, IIIE, ISTE, IWWA
- Students Projects Collaborative work with Industries / R&D Institutes
- WAD: 10 day Soft Skill development Workshop
RCOEM is selected as “HOST INSTITUTE” by MSME Ministry, Govt. of India, under Scheme “ Support For Entrepreneurial And Managerial Development ff SMEs Through Incubators”
Under above scheme we are planning to incubate 10 innovative product development ideas of RCOEM students. Financial support of Rs. 4 to 8 Lakhs per idea is available for idea/product/prototype development and technology commercialization.
To achieve above objective we are organizing RCOEM-TBI Product Idea Incubation Program – 2016
The program has been designed to transform an idea or a prototype into a viable product. The participants have to sustain through 3 stages that include online application, selection for a Boot Camp, and selection for the Incubation.
Year 2015 Prominent Student Start-upsThe Climber : Social Startup [ IIM Bangalore ]
- Youth Mentoring Initiative (Mr. Sameer Ramesh)
- Selected as one of the top 10 student run startups in India
- Got Rs. 10 lacs equity and opportunity of incubation at IIM Bangalore
- Selected by TATA first dot NEN for funding support
Lithos Motors : [ Pune ]
- Technology Startup (Mr. Angad Singi )
- Foldable Electric Mopeds ; Clean Energy Transportation
SwitchOn Service : [ At RCOEM ]
- Services Startup (Kapil Agrawal )
- Electrical Repair and Fittings ; Water Purifier, Household appliances
- repairs, Annual Maintenance Contracts
The Endeavor - Inspiring Young Waves
Toshal Patel VI Sem Computer Science
Education sector which works for the betterment of high school students from tier II & tier III cities, and helps them in career guidance, academics and personality growth by its different set of products and services.
Key product is The Endeavor Magazine – A students’ magazine, where youths from different top institutes of the country share their meaningful experiences regarding career, academics and personality - helping high school students to excel in the current education scenario and, follow their inner calling and make informed choices for tomorrow.
- 26 institutions (High-Schools) on board for magazines
- Conducting motivational sessions and talks for students in their schools
- The Endeavor has impacted 10,000+ students in a period of one-and-a-half year
Prof. Pravin Dwaramwar
Incharge III Cell
Industry Institute Interaction Cell
Phone : (91)-(712) - 2580011 ext: 5533
Mail : firstname.lastname@example.org