Industry Institute Interaction Cell
RCOEM has always emphasized on strong industry institute relationship. For this the college is having dedicated Industry Institute Interaction (III) Cell. The sole objective of this cell is to cultivate symbiotic relationship between college and industry as well as college and other research institutes. Since inception, the college has developed excellent relationship with industry through which the college has been able to achieve many of its objectives such as placements, research, consultancy etc. Strong industry linkages are helping the college to bring better placements, summer internships and opportunities to our students for industry visits. Routinely, many industry professionals conduct guest lectures thus providing students with practical aspects of the concepts that they learn in their classrooms. Through III Cell many faculty members of the college are engaged in numerous consulting assignments which in turn bring industry exposure into the four walls of classrooms.
Objectives of the III Cell
- To cultivate symbiotic relationship between college and industry as well as college and other research institutes.
- To help industries to solve their problems through research, training and consultancy.
- To provide ample opportunities for industry exposure to students and faculty through industry visits, summer internship and industry projects.
- To involve industry professionals in curriculum design, delivery and assessment so as to make students industry ready.
- To help industry professionals to upgrade their qualification, knowledge and skill through higher education, continuing education and training.
To achieve its objectives following activities are being undertaken:
Foster Symbiotic Relationship
- In order to foster symbiotic relationship between college and industry, college is continuously making dialogue with industry.
- Inviting industry executives to the college to discuss and share thoughts, ideas and experiences to create a symbiotic relationship.
- Memoranda of Understanding between the college and industries to bring the two sides emotionally and strategically closer.
Providing help to Industries
- Providing help to Industries
- Consultancy by the faculty to industries.
- Providing testing and calibration services to industry.
- Conducting joint research programs.
- Encouraging industry professionals to pursue higher education through ME by Research / Ph.D at RCOEM.
Industry Exposure to Students and Faculty
- Industry exposure to students and faculty through industry visits.
- Students’ projects/dissertation work in industries under joint guidance of the faculty and experts from industry.
- Practical training / Summer Internship of students in industries.
- Industry Internship for faculty members.
Industry involvement in Curriculum Design, Delivery and Assessment
- Participation of experts from industry in curriculum development.
- Inviting industry professional to deliver expert lectures.
- Involvement of industry professional in students’ assessment.
- MOUs with industries : 30
- Industry Sponsored Labs : 08
- Knowledge Management Partner Institution (KMPI) of Consultancy Development Centre (CDC), Government of India.
- Consultancy Services : Product Development , Testing , Energy Audit & Lean Manufacturing , Soil Testing.
- Value of Consultancy in 2015-16 : Rs. 25 Lacs.
- Continuing Education Programs for Skill Development. ( ACM, Retail Management )
- Prominent Industry benefitted: IndoRama Synthetics Ltd., Power Grid Corporation of India Ltd., Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd., Hindalco Pvt. Ltd., Aditya Birla Group, MOIL, WCL, Ordnance Factory Ambajhari, Indian Air Force.
- Industry Institute Partnership Summit “ABHYUDAYA” , “ EMPOWER”.
- International Conference on Strategies in the Present Scenario for Managing Growth and Competitiveness Managing Supply Chain for Global Competitiveness.
InnoQuest : case studies presentation on innovative practices adopted by industries “LEAN Manufacturing Workshop”.