1) Infocepts Skills Upliftment Elective Course● The Career Development and Placement cell of Shri Ramdeobaba College of Engineering and Management had initiated a skills upliftment program with the most emerging technology in the industries in collaboration with Infocepts under the guidance of Dr. Parag Jawarkar, Training & Placement Officer.
● In this program 133 of students were trained in the field of Business Intelligence, Big Data & Data Science by the Industry professionals of the company.
● InfoCepts is a global leader of end-to-end data & analytics solutions with nearly 20 years' experience.
● Infocepts' Skills Upliftment Program is a 32 hours elective course for those students who wish to pursue their careers in the field of Data Science and Analytics. Students of Electronics, Electronics and Communication & Electronics and Design Technology were eligible.
● The course started with an online Introduction session on 20th June 2022 where students were introduced with the technical team and were briefed about the course.
● The course began on 21st June 2022 and covered the following Modules:
○ Big Data & Cloud
○ Analytics & BI
○ Data Science
● Infocepts also hosted their last 2 sessions in their campus, where the students were shown the campus and worked on a live project. The course was concluded on 12th July.
● The course completion offline test was scheduled on 2nd August in the college premises. 133 Students appeared for the test.
2) Digital Nurture by Cognizant
● “Digital Nurture 2.0“ is a transformative training and recruitment approach for students while they are in their 6th semester, which will enable them to grab a GenC Next role with Cognizant and work in niche technologies.
● The program gives students an opportunity to grab premium roles with Cognizant to accelerate their career path.
● It is an 18 monthstudent bootcamp which offers certifications in courses like AWS Cloud Computing, Salesforce and Cybersecurity which are the leading requirements of today's market. These certifications were provided to make students eligible to appear for higher band salaries. This engagement and exposure to third year students ensured a channelized path for their placement preparation.
3) Persistent Systems ‘Martian’ Program
● Martian is a program carved out for engineering students to smoothen their journey from campus to corporate. This is a 5 week program where Persistent System aims to equip students with the current practices on technology fronts so that they can acquire deeper knowledge along with its practical applications to make them eligible for pre-placement offers from Persistent Systems.
● A pre-qualifier online assessment was conducted for the registered students along with a program orientation. Students who qualified the test had to go through a rigorous 5 weeks Summer Internship cum training module in the field of Operating System, Computer Networks, DBMS, OOPs, Data Structures & Algorithm.
● A Martian Post Internship Online Assessment test was conducted for the students who successfully completed the training and cleared the assignments given during the training.
● After clearing the post internship test students were shortlisted for the Technical & HR Interviews.
4) Persistent Systems ‘Polaris’ Program
Polaris is a specialized training program on Salesforce. This is a 4-to-6-week program where Persistent System trains the students with the current practices on Salesforce technology. Various packages are offered to the successful candidates through this training by Persistent Systems.
Accenture Head Start Training Programme
Accenture Head Start Training Programme was conducted at RCOEM in two phases from 26th to 30th July 2011 and from 23rd November to 12th December 2011. Trainers from Accenture trained 435 students of all branches of RCOEM in soft skills in first phase. The first phase included the CAMPUS TO CORPORATE theme where in trainers involved students in various group activities for team building and taught them about verbal and presentation skiils, written communication like report writing, email etiquettes and other business mannerisms and professional attitude.
The second phase technical training covered technical topics on Programming Techniques (C, C++), SQL, JAVA and UNIX. 180 students from all streams attended this 17 day program and all students cleared the assessments’ at each level. Shri Ramdeobaba College of Engineering & Management is one the very few institutes in entire India considered for this coveted Head Start Training Programme.
Wipro Jump Start Training Programme
Project Campus: JumpStart” program, was organized by Wipro Technologies which was a great opportunity to have Problem solving and Programming skills for our students.
All Wipro Selected students actively participated in this 5 day program which was scheduled from 14th to 18th May 2012 at our college. This program was mandatory for all Wipro recruits, as it focuses on enhancing the problem solving techniques that have been identified as key to performing well during the initial training phase in Wipro and in Customer Projects. Trainers from Wipro technologies conducted sessions simultaneously in two batches in IT Complex. The program included following topics: Problem Domains in Real Life, A Test on Problem Solving Skill, Problem Definition, Problem Representation, Problem Analysis, Problem Solving Techniques, Pros-and-cons: Choice of Techniques, Solution Verification Techniques, Beyond Logical Thinking...,Case Studies, Creative Approaches to Problem Solving, Programming Essentials, Programming Problems/patterns, Program Construction, Program Testing, Data Structures & Algorithm Techniques, Programming Exercise, Program Presentation, Programming Practices.
ITC Infotech Campus Connect
Shri Ramdeobaba College of Engineering & Management is one of the first campuses where ITC Infotech India Ltd. has set up its Campus Connect Program. Targeted primarily for final year students from Mechanical, Industrial & Computer Science backgrounds, this program aims at developing PLM competency early among the students and making them pre-ready before they join ITC Infotech.
The Campus Connect program will be conducted over a period of 6 to 8 months with a break up into two phases. The first phase of the program is focused at training students on Java and Advance Java technologies. This is conducted by a professional training institute approved by ITC Infotech where students will get exposure on theoretical concepts as well as hands on experience solving practical problems.
The second phase of the program concentrates on developing Windchill® skills- a Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) application software by PTC . The sessions in this phase are conducted on a bi-weekly basis by experienced Technical Architects from ITC Infotech. Along with a rigorous course schedule, a periodic evaluation of the program exists at different stages of learning and feedback on performance is shared with the students.
How can students benefit?
- Learning from PTC’s premier partner in India for PLM technologies
- Real world customer experiences through execution of software development projects
- Team with rich experience available for mentorship to identified students
- IT organization exposure making students more confident and competent
- Soft Skills development for communications, presentations and customer interactions