Infosys Campus Connect
- We have received an invitation from Infosys Pune DC Campus Connect team to participate in Campus Connect – Conclave on 4th March 2011 at Infosys Technologies Limited, Pune Campus.
Prof. D. S. Adane, HOD, IT, Prof. M. Paithankar, Asst. Professor, DMT, and Prof. M.
R. Wanjari, Asst. Professor, CSE attended the Campus Connect – Conclave on 4th
March 2011 held at Pune.
- After that as a further step we have signed MOU with Infosys as a Partner College in May-June 2011.
- Being a partner College of Infosys, Prof. M. Paithankar, and Prof. Mangesh Wanjari, attended Deep Dive - Faculty Enablement Program at Pune during 20th June 2011 to 24th June 2011.
- As a Campus Connect Program Initiative, RCOEM was supposed to roll out at least one batch of students on a Foundation Program.
- Prof. M. Paithankar, is a Single Point of Contact (SPoC) on behalf of RCOEM to communicate with Infosys, and he has planned to roll out a batch. But as our College has already hosted Accenture’s Headstart Training Program for nearly 20 days and Wipro’s Mission 10x at our Campus, we were not able to plan it during our Semesters.
- Mr. Swapnil Diwakar Pande, a Campus Connect representative, Infosys - Education & Research - Pune DC has visited the RCOEM on 12 th May 2011, and briefed Campus Connect Initiative to the Faculty representatives in the Conference Room of the College.
- Mr. Swapnil Diwakar Pande, a Campus Connect representative, Infosys - Education & Research - Pune DC has visited the RCOEM on 8 th August, 2011 again and spoken to the Students in the College Auditorium where he received overwhelming response from the students.
- Prof. S. Uparkar, and Prof. S. Sengupta, from Department of Computer Application also attended Deep Dive - Faculty Enablement Program at Pune during 5-9 December 2011.
- Mr. Anuj Madhusudan Jajoo, Campus Connect representative, Infosys - Education & Research - Pune DC, is visited our College on 11 th June 2012. He met with The Principal, SPoC, and other Faculty members associated with Campus Connect initiative. It was his routine visit and he got to know about plans of rolling at least one batch out of Foundation Program and other related issues.
- Prof. M. R. Wanjari, is now the Single Point of Contact for Campus Connect activities RCOEM.
- In this endeavor we have started the FOUNDATION PROGRAM Batch I at our College since 16 th July 2012 and 24 Students from different branches have enrolled for it. Prof. Mangesh R . Wanjari, Asst Prof. CSE is Coordinating the Training Program as a SPoC for CampusConnect at RCOEM.
- Mr. Anuj Madhusudan Jajoo, Campus Connect representative, Infosys - Education & Research - Pune DC, has visited our College on 10 th September 2012. He conducted the Day long sessions on Object Oriented Concepts and Testing for FOUNDATION PROGRAM first batch. He was completely satisfied with the ongoing activities.
- We have received an invitation from Infosys to renew the MOU and they have signed the MOU with RCOEM for TWO Year supto April 2015.
- We have offered two electives in collaboration with Infosys as a partner College Business Intelligence and Mainframes. BI is opted by around 60 students. Mainframes was not opted by any student.
- Prof. Aarti Karandikar, Asst. Professor, CSE and Prof. ChitraUpadhyay, Asst. Professor, IT have attended Deep Dive - Faculty Enablement Program at Pune during 17-21 June 2013 on Business Intelligence Co-Teach elective.
- Prof. Reena Damdoo, Asst. Professor, CSE and Prof. Shubhangi Tirpude, Asst. Professor, CSE have attended Deep Dive - Faculty Enablement Program at Pune during 7-11 January 2013 on Mainframe Co-Teach elective.
- Mr. Anuj Madhusudan Jajoo, Campus Connect representative, Infosys - Education & Research - Pune DC, has visited our College on 28 th January 2014. He conducted the session on Industry expectations from new recruits and How to prepare for IT companies placements. He personally met Principal RCOEM and conveyed him about the new offerings and invited the Principal for Principal's meet at Pune. He also met with Heads CSE, IT, and MCA.
- Dr. M. B. Chandak, Professor and Head, CSE and Prof. Mangesh Wanjari attended Principal’s Meet at Infosys Pune on 6 th march 2014.
- Department of Information technology Board of Studies approved a Co-Teach Elective on Mobile App Development. The Deep Dive Faculty Enablement Programme was hosted by Department of IT in RCOEM during 14 th to 18 th July 2014. Nearly 25 faculty members from around 15 different Institutions attended the program. Mr. AnujJajoo and Mr. PankajBhanushali from Infosys were the Resource persons. All the lodging and boarding facilities for out stationed candidates was taken care by RCOEM.
- Prof. Mangesh Wanjari gets recognition as Bronze partner faculty underInspire-the Campus Connect Faculty Partnership Model in 2014.
- Nearly 50 teams participated in National level Programming competition organized by Infosys in College round on 23 rd September 2014. The team ASCII Warriors comprising of Mr. RohitNagbhidkar, Mr. SarthakShrivastava, and Mr. ShreyasRagit of CSE 3 rd year bagged 2 nd prize at the DC Finals round conducted on 30/09/2014 at Infosys Pune among teams from Maharashtra, Goa, Gujarat and Chhattisgarh.
- Mr. Anuj Jajoo and Ms. Vidya Paliwal from Infosys conducted three days workshops for recruits on 24, 27, and 28 th January 2015. Nearly 280 students participated in this.
- Foundation Program 4.0 was rolled out by Campus Connect team at RCOEM for 299 students recruited by Infosys in 5 batches during January, 15 to May, 15. 285 students cleared the exams and received certificates from Infosys. Prof. Mangesh Wanjari, Prof. R. Welekar, Prof. V. Karkare, Prof. D. A. Borikar, Prof. A. Raipurkar, from CSE department, Prof. K. Peshwani, and Prof. AnandDhawale, from IT department and Prof. AbhijitThakre, Prof. Jaiswal from MCA department conducted the sessions for students on Saturdays and Sundays.
- Prof. Mangesh Wanjari, SPOC attended Principal’s Meet at Infosys Pune on 4 th march 2015.
- The MOU was renewed for the period of Two Years i.e. 25 th April, 2015 to 24 th April 2017.
- Prof. Ashvini Zadgaonkar and Prof. NehaTirpude of CSE department attended Faculty Enablement Workshop held during 21-25th Dec 2015 at Maharashtra Institute of Technology, Aurangabad.
- Department of Information technology Board of Studies approved a Co-Teach Elective on Software Testing. The Deep Dive Faculty Enablement Programme was hosted by Department of IT in RCOEM during 4 th to 8 th January 2016. Nearly 25 faculty members from around 15 different Institutions attended the program. Mr. AnujJajoo and Ms. VidyaPaliwal from Infosys were the Resource persons. All the lodging and boarding facilities for out stationed candidates was taken care by RCOEM.
- Mr. Anuj Jajoo, Dr. Sharnil Pandya from Parul University Gujarat conducted the training sessions for Infosys recruited students on 5 th , 6 th , and 7 th January 2016. Nearly 100 students attended the training.
- Prof. Shantanu Kulkarni and Prof. Mangesh Wanjari attended Principal’s Meet on 30 th March, 2016 at Infosys Pune where the college gets special recognition for rolling out maximum number of batches of Foundation Program and Prof Mangesh Wanjari was invited as a speaker in panel discussion for the same.
- Foundation Program 4.0 was rolled out by Campus Connect team at RCOEM for 115 students recruited by Infosys in 2 batches during January, 16 to June, 16. Prof. Mangesh Wanjari, Prof. Rashmi Welekar, Prof. D. A. Borikar, Prof. A. Raipurkar, from CSE department, Prof. AbhijitThakre, and Prof. K. Peshwani from MCA department conducted the sessions for students on Saturdays and Sundays.
- Prof. Mangesh Wanjari, SPOC is recognized as Silver Level partner under Inspire Faculty Partnership Certificate. Prof. Rashmi Welekar, Prof. D. A. Borikar, Prof. A. Raipurkar, from CSE department, and Prof. Abhijit Thakre of MCA department have been recognized as Bronze Level partners for their contribution to Campus Connect Activities during January 2015 to December 2015.
Accenture Head Start Training Programme
Accenture Head Start Training Programme was conducted at RCOEM in two phases from 26th to 30th July 2011 and from 23rd November to 12th December 2011. Trainers from Accenture trained 435 students of all branches of RCOEM in soft skills in first phase. The first phase included the CAMPUS TO CORPORATE theme where in trainers involved students in various group activities for team building and taught them about verbal and presentation skiils, written communication like report writing, email etiquettes and other business mannerisms and professional attitude.
The second phase technical training covered technical topics on Programming Techniques (C, C++), SQL, JAVA and UNIX. 180 students from all streams attended this 17 day program and all students cleared the assessments’ at each level. Shri Ramdeobaba College of Engineering & Management is one the very few institutes in entire India considered for this coveted Head Start Training Programme.
Wipro Jump Start Training Programme
Project Campus: JumpStart” program, was organized by Wipro Technologies which was a great opportunity to have Problem solving and Programming skills for our students.
All Wipro Selected students actively participated in this 5 day program which was scheduled from 14th to 18th May 2012 at our college. This program was mandatory for all Wipro recruits, as it focuses on enhancing the problem solving techniques that have been identified as key to performing well during the initial training phase in Wipro and in Customer Projects. Trainers from Wipro technologies conducted sessions simultaneously in two batches in IT Complex. The program included following topics: Problem Domains in Real Life, A Test on Problem Solving Skill, Problem Definition, Problem Representation, Problem Analysis, Problem Solving Techniques, Pros-and-cons: Choice of Techniques, Solution Verification Techniques, Beyond Logical Thinking...,Case Studies, Creative Approaches to Problem Solving, Programming Essentials, Programming Problems/patterns, Program Construction, Program Testing, Data Structures & Algorithm Techniques, Programming Exercise, Program Presentation, Programming Practices.
ITC Infotech Campus Connect
Shri Ramdeobaba College of Engineering & Management is one of the first campuses where ITC Infotech India Ltd. has set up its Campus Connect Program. Targeted primarily for final year students from Mechanical, Industrial & Computer Science backgrounds, this program aims at developing PLM competency early among the students and making them pre-ready before they join ITC Infotech.
The Campus Connect program will be conducted over a period of 6 to 8 months with a break up into two phases. The first phase of the program is focused at training students on Java and Advance Java technologies. This is conducted by a professional training institute approved by ITC Infotech where students will get exposure on theoretical concepts as well as hands on experience solving practical problems.
The second phase of the program concentrates on developing Windchill® skills- a Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) application software by PTC . The sessions in this phase are conducted on a bi-weekly basis by experienced Technical Architects from ITC Infotech. Along with a rigorous course schedule, a periodic evaluation of the program exists at different stages of learning and feedback on performance is shared with the students.
How can students benefit?
- Learning from PTC’s premier partner in India for PLM technologies
- Real world customer experiences through execution of software development projects
- Team with rich experience available for mentorship to identified students
- IT organization exposure making students more confident and competent
- Soft Skills development for communications, presentations and customer interactions