Internal Complaints Committee (ICC)
Policy for Prevention of Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace
“No woman shall be subjected to sexual harassment at any workplace.”
(Prevention, Prohibition and Redressal) Act, 2013The aim of this Policy is to promote a social, physical and psychological environment through the following objectives.
Objectives:The objectives of the Internal Complaint Committee to Prevent Sexual Harassment of Women at the Workplace are as follows:
- To develop a policy against sexual harassment of women at the Institute.
- To evolve a permanent mechanism for the prevention and redressal of sexual harassment cases and other acts of gender-based violence at the Institute.
- To create a secure physical and social environment to deter any act of sexual harassment.
- To ensure the implementation of the policy in letter and spirit through proper reporting of the complaints and their follow-up procedures.
- To provide unbiased yet empathetic redress process
Roles & Responsibilities:The Internal Complaints Committee plays a pivotal role in the effective implementation of the provisions at the workplace. A general list of duties of the Committee is enumerated as follows:
- Implementation of the Anti–Sexual Harassment Policy at the workplace
- Submit an Annual Report (Including details like the number of case files at their disposal, etc.)
- Bring about awareness about what comprises ‘sexual harassment’ at the workplace
- Publicize the policy framework effectively
- Provide the victims with a safe and accessible mechanism of complaint
- Initiation of inquiry at the earliest
- Redress the complaints in a judicious manner
- Provide interim relief to the complainant
- Provide an opportunity for conciliation wherever possible
- Stick to the principles of natural justice at all stages of the proceedings
- Whenever required, forward the complaint to the police
- Submit the inquiry report along with recommendations
- Maintain confidentiality in regard to the proceedings taking place before the Committee
RCOEM has zero tolerance policy against sexual harassment and is committed to uphold the Constitutional mandate to combat sexual harassment. It strongly supports gender equality and opposes any form of gender discrimination, sexual harassment and gender violence.
As per the provisions of the Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace (Prevention, Prohibition and Redressal) Act, 2013, an Internal Compliants Committee (ICC) has been constituted to act as Inquiry Authority on a compliant of sexual harassment and to take proactive measures towards sensitization of the students, staff and faculty members on gender issues.
Contact Details :
Dr.(Mrs.) Richa Khandelwal,
Associate Professor, Electronics Engineering
Presiding Officer, ICC
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Richa Khandelwal, Associate Professor,
Electronics Engineering Department.
1. Dr. Rajendra Khapre, Associate Professor,
Civil Engineering 2. Dr.(Ms.) Sanjogta Meshram, Asstt. Professor,
Dept. of Chemistry
|3||Non Teaching Employees||
1. Smt. Madhuri Godse, Security Officer
2. Shri Rajendra Takit, Laboratory Attendant, Electronics Engineering.
Ms. Sanskriti Rajankar, V Sem, Electronics Engineering
Ms. Mahima Rana, II Sem. M.Tech (VLSI Design)
Ms. Pranjali Tete, Mechanical Engg.
|5||External Member||Ms. Dipali Kale, Chairperson, Scrutiny Committee of Child Adoption, Nagpur|