Industry Institute Interaction Cell (III Cell)
ROLE OF III Cell
- To provide support to all the Department for Industry initiatives
- To liaison with Industries & Industry Association for identifying opportunities to collaborate
- To promote involvement of Industry experts in Institutional processes.
- To facilitate Departmental initiatives for improving Industry Interaction
OBJECTIVES OF THE III CELL
- To cultivate symbiotic relationship between college and industry as well as college and other research institutes.
- To help industries to solve their problems through research, training and consultancy.
- To provide ample opportunities for industry exposure to students and faculty through industry visits, summer internship and industry projects.
- To involve industry professionals in curriculum design, delivery and assessment so as to make students industry ready.
- To help industry professionals to upgrade their qualification, knowledge and skill through higher education, continuing education and training.
INDUSTRY INSTITUTE COLLABORATION
RCOEM has always emphasized on strong industry institute relationship .The institute encourages its faculty and students to interact with industry in all possible ways with the spirit of deriving mutual benefit. The major modes of interaction are listed below:
- Professional consultancy by the faculty to industries.
- Industrial testing by faculty & technicians at site or in laboratory.
- Participation of industry professionals in curriculum design, delivery and assessment.
- Joint research programmes and field studies by faculty and people from industries.
- Industry exposure to students and faculty through industry visits, summer internship, practical training and industry projects.
- Visits of industry executives and practising engineers to the Institute for seeing research work and laboratories, discussions and delivering lectures on industrial practices, trends and experiences.
- Memorandum of Understanding between the Institute and industries to bring the two sides emotionally and strategically closer.
- Human resource development programmes by the faculty for practicing engineers.
- Workshops, conferences and symposium with joint participation of the faculty and the industries.
- Professorial Chairs sponsored by industries at the Institute.
- R&D Laboratories, Center of Excellence sponsored by industries at the RCOEM.
- Scholarships/fellowships instituted by industries
HIGHLIGHTS OF III ACTIVITIES
- The Institute has undertaken Consultancy of Approx. Rs. 1.8 Crores during last 6 years.
- Major Clients are SMS Ltd., Ordnance Factories Institute of Learning-Ambazari, Manas Agro Industries & Infrastructures Ltd, MOIL Ltd, SMS Envocare Ltd. etc.
TRAINING / MDP OFFERED TO INDUSTRY
- The Institute has organised Technical Training/ MDPs for the Industry of Approx. Rs. 20 Lacs during last 6 years.
- Major Industries where MDPs & training were conducted are WCL, MOIL Ltd., Ceat Ltd.,Mahindra and Mahindra, L&T, Power Grid Corporation, AG Office, SMS Ltd., Ordnance Factories Institute of Learning, Zim laboratories, Wardhaman Urban Co-operative Bank, Manjiri Textiles etc.
CONFERENCES IN ASSOCIATION WITH INDUSTRY
- 1. International Conference on Electronic Systems, Signal Processing and Computing Technologies was organized by Department of Electronics Engineering in association with University of the District of Columbia, Washington, DC, USA and Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) & Vigyan Bharati (VIBHA) as knowledge partner on 7 & 8th December 2018.
- 2. MICON 2018 - Management International Conference on ‘Emerging trends in Human Resource Management’ was jointly organized by Department of Management Technology (DMT), Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) and University of District of Columbia (UDC), USA on 14th & 15th December, 2018.
- 3. International Conference on Advances & Challenges in Energy Research (ICACER- 2019) organized by Department of Mechanical Engineering, in association with CSIR-NEERI, Institution of Engineers (India) as knowledge partners.
MEMORANDUM OF UNDERSTANDING (MoU) SIGNED
- The Institute has signed MoU with Industry from Public Sector, Government & Private organisations. It has also signed MoU with Industry Association also. Prominent Industries among them are TCS, Tata Technologies, Persistent, Infosys, Infocepts, ITC Infotech, Mahindra & Mahindra, Spacewood Office Solutions Pvt Ltd., Artefact Project Ltd., GEO Systems Research and Consultants India Pvt. Ltd., Kingway Hospitals etc.
MEMBERSHIP OF INDUSTRY ASSOCIATION
- • RCOEM is a Life Member of Quality Circle Forum of India (QCFI).
- • RCOEM is an Annual Institutional Member of Confederation of Indian Industry (CII)
- • RCOEM is also a Member of MIDC Industries Association (MIA)-Hingna.
MIA is Mentoring the Workshop of the Institute.
FACULTY INTERNSHIP IN THE INDUSTRY
- Two Faculty members from Department of Management Technology were sent for One Month Internship at Future Supply Chain & Spacewood Office Solutions.
- Two Faculty Member from Electronics Engineering were sent to attend Interactive Seminar organised by MIA in association with GIZ- MSME.
Department of Management Technology, RCOEM organized “Samvaad 2019” on 23rd February, 2019. It is organised every year by the Department. Samvaad provides a platform to discuss avenues to strengthen industry- institute interface and develop relations with the industry and to have a meaningful interaction between industry and academia. Around 22 participants from Industry were present during discussion.
Department of Electrical Engineering organise “EMPOWER “. Every year the engineering students in the region eagerly look forward to participate in this wonderful event. A unique idea of bringing in latest technologies in the field of engineering for the Third, Final UG and M. Tech students. One of the fundamental reason for the enormous success of the EMPOWER, is the clarity in the industry representatives that they are at this juncture to interact exclusively with the students for jam-packed two days. Students are also ensured that the companies have gathered exclusively to interact with them & them only.
HR Shapers Conclave Department of Computer Application and HR Shapers jointly organized a Conclave themed “Future of Work”. It comprised of Panel Discussions of eminent speakers and over 60 participants working as HR professionals in different companies. The event brought in different perspective that will help professionals in Academics & Industry.