Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yogana-TI
Education is a life long process. The college believes in the value of continuing education. Faculty members are encouraged to upgrade their knowledge and enrich their experience by undertaking various short term/ part time courses. College in collaboration with various professional bodies such as AISTE, UGC, AICTE, Insitutes for Engineers, IEEE and others organises various activities and short term courses/workshops for the benefit of faculty members. Continuing education is promoted through regular industry interaction at various levels. Many of the faculty members are regularly invited by the educational insitutes and the industry to deliver expert lectures and conduct seminars and workshops. Faculty members are encourged to write books and prepare educational resources for the benefit of new faculty members and students.
AICTE is implementing the PMKVY for Technical Institutes scheme through AICTE approved Technical Institutions in the country. RCOEM is selected as approved Technical Institution Under Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yogna (PMKVY-TI) by AICTE institute is approved to run following specialized courses for skill development, to impart unemployed youth, the skills and find placement in suitable private sector jobs.
|Course /Specialization||Department||Sector||NSQF Level||Minimum Qualification|
|Field Technician - Computing & Peripherals||Electronics Engineering||Electronic||4||10th pass|
|Sales Associate||Management Technology||Retail||4||10th pass|
|Junior Software Developer||Information Technology||IT/ITeS||4||12th pass with good aptitude|
|Domestic IT Helpdesk Attendant||Computer Application||IT/ITeS||4||12th preferable|
OBJECTIVE OF THE SCHEMEThe main objective of the Scheme is to impart Engineering Skills for 10 Lakh youth in the next three years. It is aimed to:
- Encourage the institutions for making the best use of available infrastructure of higher education system during off hours for skill training.
- Provide employable and certifiable skills based on National Occupational Standards (NOS) with necessary soft skills to the school dropouts who want to pursue/attain higher order skills and living in the vicinity of College.
- Provide for up-gradation and certification of traditional/acquired skills of the learners irrespective of their age;
- Provide opportunities for community-based life-long learning by offering courses of general interest to the community for personal development and interest;
- Offer bridge courses to certificate holder of general/ vocational education, so as to bring them at par with appropriate NSQF level.
- Provide entrepreneurial orientation along with required skills, trained for self employment and entrepreneurship development.
- Provide Post Placement support, Tracking and Monitoring.
- Any person may join such programmes as per the eligibility criteria. For admission to the programmes offered by the Institutions, preference will be given to the learners living in the local community. Reservation to SC, ST, OBC and PWD categories will be available as per the extant National / State policy.
- There shall be no age bar for admission under this scheme.
- Admission may be done round the year, depending on the duration of the programmes, to facilitate a steady stream of learners joining the college and moving out as trained work force to the job market.
- The applicants seeking re-entry into the programme should get preference in admission over the new applicants.
- The School dropouts who want to pursue, attain higher order skills and living in the vicinity of College/Polytechnic