For Maharashtra State Candidates
- The Candidate should be an Indian National.
- Passed Diploma Course in Engineering and Technology with at
least 45% marks (40% marks in case of candidates of
backward class categories and Persons with Disability
belonging to Maharashtra State only) in appropriate branch of
Engineering and Technology from an All India Council for
Technical Education or Central or State Government approved
Institution or its equivalent;
Passed B.Sc. Degree from a University Grants Commission
(UGC) or Association of Indian Universities recognized
University with at least 45% marks (40% in case of candidates
of Backward class categories and Persons with Disability
belonging to Maharashtra State only) and passed HSC with
Mathematics as a subject.
Provided that students belonging to this category shall clear the
subjects of Engineering Graphics/ Engineering Drawing and
Engineering Mechanics of the first year Engineering Program along
with second year subjects.
Candidates appeared for final year examination fulfilling the remaining eligibility criteria will be offered provisional admission subject to the condition that they will pass the examination with the required percentage of marks on or before the cut-off date of CET. In case, the candidate fails to produce the results of the final year examination on or before the cut-off date, then admission offered to such candidate automatically cancelled and the fees (tuition, development and other fees) paid by the candidate of the academic year 2019-20 will be forfeited.
If the seat remaining vacant it will be filled by Non-GATE candidates by the permission of State CET Cell.
Centralised Admission process (CAP)
The CAP Quota (5% of sanctioned Intake) and Minority quota( 5% of sanctioned intake) will be filled through CAP.
The Centralised admission process will be as follows
- Notification by State CET Cell ( giving schedule / calendar of events) and publication of Information brochure.
- Registration by candidate on CET Cell website.
- Document verification and confirmation at facilitation Centre (FC)
- Declaration of Merit list by State CET Cell
- Option form filling by candidate (For CAP round I)
- Admission allotment to candidate
- Freeze/Float/slide by candidate
- Reporting to Admission reporting centre (ARC) for “Freeze” candidates or Option form filling for float/slide candidates for Next CAP Round
- Repeat of step (vi) to (viii) for next round
- Reporting to Allotted Institute with the fees and documents.
The exact procedure will be as detailed in the Information Brochure.
Candidates should see STATE CET CELL (https://www.mahacet.org/cetcell/
For latest updates.