Shri Ramdeobaba College of Engineering and Management envisages the institute par excellence, providing world class Technical and Management Education.
To impart quality education in the field of Engineering and Management; to foster mutually beneficial relationship with industries; to create intellectually stimulating environment for learning, research and promotion of professional and ethical values.
Salient features of Department
- The Department has eight regular faculty members including two Professors and one Associate Professor.
- The faculty members have published about 100 research papers in international and national journals. Two text books have also been published. They also have a large number of conference papers to their credit. Two patents have been awarded out of three, filed by a research group led by Dr. (Mrs) C.P. Joshi.
- Area of specialization of the faculty includes luminescence, solid state lighting, computational physics, coupled map lattices, solid state ionics, optical waveguide sensors, study of. 'Gandhi soil' and conducting polymers.
- The Department has completed one MODROBS project with AICTE grant and four R & D projects with grants from ICMR and SERC. One project financed by DST is underway. It has also completed one MoU with Bhabha Atomic Research Centre, Mumbai. It is a recognized place of research. Five students have obtained doctoral degrees under the guidance of the faculty.
- The Department has a luminescence research lab for developing phosphors for solid state lighting. A grant of Rs. 36.5 lakh has been received out of the approved grant of Rs. 46 lakh by DST for the work on development of NIR emitting phosphors for c-Si solar cells. The lab has also received a Women Scientist Award with a total grant of Rs. 18 lakh.