About Department UG Programme PG Programme Research Center Events/Activities Faculty Student Achievements Infrastructure Placements Alumni Research Center
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs) of B.E. Mechanical Engineering
- The graduates shall be capable to accept challenges in Engineering industries.
- The graduates shall demonstrate core competency to design, analyze and evaluate various engineering systems.
- The graduates shall be able to apply computational and professional skills in corporate world.
- The program shall prepare the graduates for higher studies, entrepreneurship and create awareness about lifelong learning.
Programme Outcomes (POs) of B.E. Mechanical EngineeringEngineering Graduates will be able to:
- Engineering Knowledge : Apply the knowledge of Mathematics, Science, Engineering fundamentals, and engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem Analysis : Identify, Formulate, Review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design / development of Solutions : Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigation of complex problems : Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern Tool Usage : Create, select and apply appropriate techniques resources and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The Engineer and society : Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and Sustainability : Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics : Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and Team work : Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication : Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentations, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and Finance : Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to ones own work, as a member and leader in a team to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environment.
- Life-long Learning : Recognize the need for and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and lifelong learning in the broadest context of technological change
Programme Specific Outcomes (PSOs) of B.E. Mechanical Engineering
- Graduates will stand for design, production and operations in core mechanical domain and management of interdisciplinary applications.
- Graduates will be capable of carrying out the analysis of mechanical and allied systems and provide numerical and computer based solution.