M. Tech. Program in Robotics and Automation
About the Program
M.Tech. in Robotics and Automation is a full time program offered by the department of Mechanical Engineering. It is the first ever program in central India, offering the state of art technology encompassing digital advancement in manufacturing and service sector. Ready to accommodate majority of the disciplines of Engineering at graduation as eligibility.
Eligibility for Admission:
Min. 50% at UG level, Non-zero GATE score OR Two years’ of work experience with sponsorship from the company.
B. E. /B. Tech. /AMIE in the following Engineering disciplines from any recognized university in India:
Mechanical, Industrial, Production, Robotics, Mechatronics, Electrical, Electronics, Computer Science, Instrumentation, Electronics and Communication and Information Technology.
The Program aims to create the technical professionals in the field of robotics and automation by inculcating strong academic foundation and hands-on exposure to recent technology as per industry needs.
To achieve the objective RCOEM has established state-of-art research centre in collaboration with TATA Technologies. Centre for Invention, Innovation, Incubation & Training (CIIIT) provides comprehensive technological exposure and hands-on training to the Post-Graduate students of Robotics and Automation.
CIIIT equipped with YASKAWA welding robot, TAL-BRABO Pick and Place Robot, Manufacturing Execution System (MES) comprised of 12 meter long conveyor automation unit and Vertical Machine Centre (VMC), 3D printer and scanner.
Many professional and commercial software like MSC ADAMS, NASTRAN, PATRON, Easy5, Marc, Dassault Delmia, 3D Experience, FEAST from ISRO, scFLOW, Internet of Things (IoT) etc. are available to design, develop and simulate robotic and automation systems.
Pick and Place Robot
Vertical Machine Centre (VMC)
Yaskawa Welding Robot
Manufacturing Execution System (12 mtr conveyor)
The domain of Robotics and Automation is the most sought after by post graduate aspirants. The field of robotics and automation has an enormous range of job opportunities for the candidates.
After completing the program, students can take jobs in the field of robotics and automation such as Robotics Programmers, Robot Design Engineer, Robotics Test Engineers, Automated Product Design Engineer, Robotics System Engineer and Maintenance Engineers in manufacturing and service industry. Moreover, they can also pursue PhD.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- To prepare the postgraduates who will search and/or create new avenues as an application of robots for industrial and societal needs.
- Calling concern of continuous learning is a must with digital sciences. With this habit students should come out with an exalted status as a competent professional.
- To impart adequate programming skills for robotics and languages thereby enabling them to frontline research and state of art applications.
Program Outcomes (POs)
- Students will be confident to handle robotic applications independently, so as to automate entire industrial/ business process.
- Students will possess communication and interpersonal skills to ensure harmonious team working.
- Overview of safety, awareness of economic and social impacts will be exhibited by the students.
For further information contact:
Dr. V. V. Shukla: 98222 77318, Dr. G. R. Nikhade: 8888865203
Dr. M. M. Gupta (HoD): 9665997521, Dr. K. N. Agrawal (PG Coordinator):9373103536