Shri Ramdeobaba College of Engineering and Management envisages the institute par excellence, providing world class Technical and Management Education.
To impart quality education in the field of Engineering and Management; to foster mutually beneficial relationship with industries; to create intellectually stimulating environment for learning, research and promotion of professional and ethical values.
The Department is mainly responsible for running the Engineering Mathematics courses at the UG level. It is one of the earliest departments of the college with dedicated faculty members having long teaching experience. The Department offers three electives (Combinatorial Theories (MAT 301), Numerical Techniques (MAT 302),Statistical Methods for Business and Management (MAT 303)) to Semester VI students. It prepares and maintains teaching material on the college website for all these courses, using LaTex and Mathematica. The material comprises of lecture notes, supplementary study material, interactive documents, and useful study links.
Salient features of Department
- The department has nine faculty members including two Professors, two Associate Professors and five Assistant Professors.
- The faculty members have published about 39 research papers in International and National Journals of repute. They also have presented many papers in International and National conferences.
- Two faculty members have published text books on Mathematics.
- Area of specialization of the faculty includes Magnetohydrodynamics , Relativity and Cosmology, Discrete Mathematics and Group Theory.
- Faculty holds important positions like Dean Second Shift and Chairman Disciplinary Committee of RCOEM.
- Faculty members are regularly invited to deliver guest lectures at many institutions.
- Faculty members have chaired sessions at International and National Confereces.
|Sr. No.||Semester||Branch||Name of Course||Course Code|
|1||I Semester||All Branches||Engineering Mathematics – I||MAT 101|
|2||II Semester||All Branches||Engineering Mathematics –I I||MAT 102|
|3||III Semester||Civil Engg.||Engineering Mathematics –III||MAT 201|
|Computer Science Engg., Information Technology||Engineering Mathematics –III||MAT 202|
|Electronics Engg., Electronics and Communication Engg., Electronics Design Technology, Electrical Engg.||Engineering Mathematics –III||MAT 203|
|Industrial Engg.||Quantitative Methods-I||MAT 204|
|Mechanical Engg.||Engineering Mathematics –III||MAT 206|
|4||IV Semester||Electrical Engg.||Electrical Engineering Mathematics||MAT 242|
|Electronics Engg., Electronics and Communication Engg., Electronics Design Technology.||Engineering Mathematics –IV||MAT 243|
|Industrial Engg.||Quantitative Methods-II||MAT 244|
|Computer Science Engg., Information Technology||Discrete Mathematics||MAT 245|
|Mechanical Engg.||Engineering Mathematics –IV||MAT 246|
|5||VI Semester (Electives)||All Branches||Combinatorial Theories||MAT 301|
|All Branches||Numerical Techniques||MAT 302|
|All Branches Except Industrial Engg.||Statistical Methods for Business and Management||MAT 303|
- Three Faculty members are having Ph.D. degree in Mathematics and two faculties have submitted the Ph.D. to RTM Nagpur University.
- Two faculty members are NET, SET Examinations qualified.
Books Published by Faculty Member
|Title||Name of the Faculty Member||Name of the Co-Authors||Publisher||Year of First Publication||Editions||Latest Edition||ISBN No.|
|Textbook of Applied Mathematics - I||Dr. T. Singh||Dr. K. L. Sarda||Professional Publ. House Pvt. Ltd., Nagpur||2008||1||81-904304-5-9|
|Algebra and Trigonometry||Dr. S. D. Mohgaonkar||Ushri Datta, A.S. Muktibodh||Prentice-Hall of India||2006||1||1||81 203 2974 0|
Awards / Achievements of Faculty Members
Dr. B. R. Chide:
·Awarded three Gold Medals and two academic prizes for obtaining highest percentage of marks in the examination M.Sc. and M.A. held by Nagpur University in 1983.
· Published three research papers in the International Journal.
·Chaired session in the National Conference on Statistic, Mathematics and their Applications organized by Institute of Science, Nagpur in 2014.
Dr. T. Singh:
·Awarded CSIR Research associateship.
·Published 24 research papers in various International Journals.
·Visited the University of Zululand, South Africa in the year 1997 and 1999 as a visiting post doctoral fellow for joint collaborative research works.
Dr. S. D. Mohgaonkar:
·Published two research papers in International Journal.
· Chairman of Nagpur University Mathematics Teachers Association.
·Delivered expert lectures on various topics of Mathematics and Vedic Mathematics at different Institutes.
Mr. R. G. Ghumde:
·Qualified the National Level Eligibility Test for Lectureship (NET) with all India rank 22 in the year 2013.
·Qualified the State Level Eligibility Test for Lectureship (SET) in the year 2013.
·Published three research papers in International Journal.
Mr. P. O. Bagde:
· Awarded three Gold Medals for obtaining highest percentage of marks in the examination M.Sc. held by Nagpur University in 2007.
· Qualified the State Level Eligibility Test for Lectureship (SET) in the year 2016.
Published four research papers in International Journal and one research paper in National Journal.