About the Department About Programme Teaching Scheme & Syllabus Events/Activities Faculty Students Achievements Infrastructure Placements Alumni Best Practices
Programme Educational Objectives
- To produce Quality Manpower catering to the requirements of IT Industry with sound fundamentals and core Engineering knowledge along with adequate exposure to Emerging Technologies.
- To develop graduates possessing abilities to Interpret, Analyse and Design effective solutions while working in a team and capable of adapting to current trends by engaging in Lifelong learning.
- To imbibe in graduates an understanding of issues related to Environment,Society, Profession, and Ethics along with importance of Effective Communication Skills.
Program Specific Outcomes
- Foundation of Logic development and Mathematical concepts : Demonstrate logic development ability along with mathematical concepts to solve real world problems.
- Foundations of Computer Systems and Software development : Ability to understand the principles and working of computer systems, Software Engineering principles, Familiarity and practical competence with a broad range of programming language and open source platforms relevant to IT Industry.
- Application of Computing knowledge and Research ability Ability to work professionally in IT Industry, prepare for higher studies and to develop systems based on cutting edge technologies to solve the real world problems in IT Industry.
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.