To create Electronics design engineers who have technical excellence to work in industry in global scenario.
To be eminent in training the students in identifying the need of electronic design industry and providing techno-economical solution by designing electronic system.
Salient features of Department
- The Department of Electronics Design Technology (EDT) is an old department of RCOEM, established in 1987. It is the only department that offers this course / Program as the under graduate program in the country.
- It has been accredited twice by the National Board of Accreditation NBA of AICTE, New Delhi.
- The curriculum of the program primarily emphasizes on specialization in electronic system design, with a homogenous mix of theory and practical subjects intending to give the students a better design approach. The syllabus of post graduate course of IISc Bangalore has been a reference while framing the syllabus to emphasis special Design oriented Courses.
- Apart from the other labs, the Department is equipped with some specialised labs such as a state of art PCB design Laboratory with surface Mount Devices Workstation along with Plated Through Hole (PTH) Setup and System Design Laboratory (SDL), which are upgraded on continuous basis. PCB lab has received 9 Lakhs from AICTE under MODROB for Upgradation.
- The Department emphasize on the overall development of students. There is student’s society called ‘GENESIS’, which provides a platform to students to interact with technocrats, Industrialist and Alumni. It provides a very good platform to students to organize various Events (Technical/Non Technical), Discussion Forums which gives them opportunity to improve/ enhance their Analytical, Technical, extracurricular skills.
The strength of EDT is its remarkable Alumni, who are highly placed globally, across a wide spectrum of the industry and who cherish a strong bond with its alma mater. The Alumni are excellently placed, in both Fortune 500 and NASDAQ listed giants such as Oracle, JP Morgan, Cognizant, Infosys and core companies such as Intel, IBM, Qualcomm, NVIDIA, Nokia, Cadence, Xilinx, Ericsson, Microsemi Corporation, PMC - Sierra, etc.
From an Indian perspective alone, the branch has highly placed Alumni in each of the Top 5 IT companies listed by NASSCOM (2013-14) viz. TCS, Infosys, Wipro, HCL & Tech Mahindra, apart from other leading software companies such as L&T InfoTech, KPIT, iGATE, Mu Sigma, Persistent, Accenture, etc
24 – year old city techie becomes ‘Youngest International Speaker’- Mr. Manikya Gupta
It is Indeed an honour and feather in the cap of Mr Manikya Gupta who is just a 24 years old and has been conferred the youngest international speaker awarded the 8th international Conference on Knowledge and smart technology held at Chiang Mai, Thailand. The conference was held with joint efforts of KST researcher Laboratory, Faculty of Informatics, Burapha University Thailand and Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) Thailand Section.
|1||Komal Aggrawal||Vice President||JP Morgan, Mumbai|
|2||Vivek Sharma||Managing Director||VAR MEA Magazine, Dubai, UAE|
|3||Himani Kanwal||GM- Procurement||Castrol India Ltd., Mumbai|
|4||T N Natraj||IT Opr. Country Head-India Region||Freescale Semiconductor Inc, Delhi|
|5||Amit Tyagi||DGM||IBM, Delhi|
|6||Shiv Kumar Swaminathan||Design Manager||Erricson Inc., Dallas, USA|
|7||Aparajeeta Dubey||Senior Software Engineer||Oracle Inc., USA|
|8||Sameer Ruiwale||Senior Divisional Engineer||Intel, Portland, USA|
|9||Aditya Banker||Design Engineer||Qualcomm, Bangalore|
|10||Sitha Lakshmi Tantry||Design Manager||Synopsys Inc., Bangalore|
|11||Kumar Amritanshu||Global Head Wireless R&D Outsourcing||Intel, Bangalore, India|
|12||Piyush Dixit||Deputy Manager||Godrej Security Solutions,Bhopal, India|
|13||Vikram labhe||Managing Director||PMC Sierra, Bangalore, India|
|14||Rupali Lunani||Engineer Leader||General Dynamics Greater Detroit area ,USA|
|15||Ekta Soni||Senior manager||Cognizant ,London,United Kingdom|
|16||Deepak George||Patent Examiner||Intellectual Property office ,Signapore|
|17||Anurag Tuli||Configuration Manager||Nokia Siemens Networks|
|18||Sankara Krishnan||General Manager||Global Alliance & OEM Relations at ILANTUS Technologies|
|19||Chandrashekhar Menkudle||Senior Program Manager||Wipro Technologies ,Banglore|
|20||Vandana Mehrotra||CEO||Meteonic Innovation PVT LTD|
|21||Sanjay Karmarkar||Manager-HR||Persistent system Inc. Dublin Ohio|
|22||Swapnil Shrivastava||Senior technical Officer||CDAC India|
|Amit Kapoor||Senior Engagement Manager||Ericsson Telecommunications, Singapore|
|23||Heramb Aligave||Staff Engineer||Xilinx Hyderabad.|
|24||Lalit Miyan||Sr. Design Engineering Manager||Cadence Design Systems,Noida ,India|
|25||Akshay Poshattiwar||Senior Hardware Engineer||Samsung R&D Institute ,India Bangalore|