To establish the department as a center of excellence in academics and research with advances in the rapidly changing field of Electronics and Communication.
To create stimulating environment for learning and imparting quality technical education to fulfill the needs of industry and society.
Salient features of Department
- Electronics and Communication Engineering Programme was established in year 2001 with running intake of 120 students. The department is the first preference of central students.
- The Programme was accredited twice in the year 2008 and 2014 by National Board of Accreditation, New Delhi.
- The Programme has twelve well equipped laboratories with state–of-the-art infrastructure around total investment of nearly 1.6 crores.
- The Programme has dedicated staff with One Professor, Four Associate Professor and Seventeen Assistant Professor. Adequate and competent faculties in the Programme are available since its establishment with 10 faculties having Ph.D degree and 6 faculties are pursuing Ph. D.
- Dr. S. B. Pokle is nominated as Chairman, Board of Studies of Electronics Engineering, RTM Nagpur University.
- Faculty members have 8 SCI papers, 25 SCOPUS and around 200 papers published in other reputed journals. In addition to this faculties have 6 Books, 28 Copyrights and 16 patents filed out of which 7 patents are published to their credit.
- Department has completed research project with IIT Bombay, under Government of India’s NUP program which has received best project award.
- Department has student’s society ‘COMMUNIQUE’ which provides a good platform to students to organize various events like Mafia, Mr. and Mrs. EC, quiz competition, circuit maze etc. It gives opportunities to students to improve their technical and communication skills.
- Students have brought laurels to the department by winning branch trophy thrice in the year 2012, 2018 and 2019.
- The Programme has active Entrepreneur Development cell to develop the employer skills among the students. During the vacation, students go for industry training and enhance their knowledge in various fields.
- Students are motivated and encouraged to appear in various competitive examinations like GATE, CAT, GRE etc.
- Department has a provision of semester long internship for final year students beside summer/winter vacation internship.
- Best placement among private institute in the region and excellent academic result with consistently achieving above 90% results in every batch.
- Graduates can work as technical support engineers,design/research and development engineers, production engineers or service engineers in various fields such as electrical and electronic companies, telecommunications companies, computer hardware or software companies,network companies and many others.