Electronics Engineering Department endeavors to facilitate state of the art technical education in the field of electronics engineering by infusing scientific temper in students leading towards research and to grow as centre of excellence in the field of microelectronics.
To promote quality education through stimulating environment for dissemination of knowledge and technology
To impart necessary technical, professional skills with moral and ethical values to enable students for achieving a successful career.
Salient features of Department
- Dedicated team of 41 faculty members with average teaching experience of eleven years.
- 16 state-of-art laboratories with a total investment of nearly Rs. Two crores
- UG Programme Accredited by National Board of Accreditation thrice in 2003, 2007 & 2013
- ISO certified 9001-2008.
- Patents : Published : 06 Filed : 04 Copyright : Filed : 13
- Projects under INUP program at IIT Bombay - Completed: 04 In-progress: 01
- Services to Industries/Institutes by faculty -
- Waghmare Food Products (P) Ltd. , Nagpur.
- Dhruv Transmit Pvt. Ltd. , Nagpur
- Indian Air Force DGR
- Hindalco Industries Ltd. , Mouda , Nagpur
- Ordnance Factory Institute of Learnin , Nagpur
- M/s Signtronics, Dhayari ,Pune
- Undergraduate students projects in association with industries which include M/s. Spentex Industries Ltd. Butibori, M/s. 1 thing Design, Gurgaon, Beta Computronics, Nagpur, Indian Railways, RRC ,Nagpur, PeeDee Engineering Associates, Indore ,WCL ,Nagpur etc.
- Undergraduate students projects internship under RGSTC- TIFAC scheme.
- Project internships for post graduate students at ISRO, Godrej, BARC, IIT Gandhinagar, IIITDM Jabalpur, VNIT Nagpur, NEERI, HCL Technologies, Siemens Technology and Services Pvt. Ltd., Regional Remote Sensing Centre Nagpur
- MoUs with industries/academic tie-ups –
- Visvesvaraya National Institute of Technology (VNIT), Nagpur
- Sensors & Systems Pvt. Ltd., Nagpur
- Eco-sustainable Living Technologies Pvt. Ltd /Eco-sustainable Group Ltd., Bangalore
- Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Rural Industrialization, Wardha
- Credit Transfer Scheme with COEP, Pune and VJTI, Mumbai
- Received support for development of labs from Xilinx, Texas Instruments, ARM, Cypress and IntelliSuite under university donation programme
- eYantra “Embedded Systems & Robotics Lab” supported by e-Yantra Lab Setup Initiative (eLSI) IIT Bombay
- Research Proposals submitted to INUP, DST, DBT, DRDO, MNRE, NITI-Aayog
- Embedded System hobby club where students share innovative ideas and develop the research based activities in the field of Embedded Systems
- Successfully Organized four National/International conferences
- Organization of Faculty Development and Skill enhancement programs every year
- Center for PMKVY skill development programme in the area of computing and peripherals
- Deputation of faculty to institute of repute including IIT Bombay, IIT Kharagpur, IIT Kanpur ,NIT Rourkela, NIT Raipur etc. for Skill enhancement and research programmes
- Excellent academic results and campus placement.
- Ahtesham R. Siddiqui and Mr. Akash Tiwari won the first prize of Rs.60,000 in the ATMEL Embedded Design Contest 2016 for project titled "Smart Robot for Restaurants and Hotels“.
- Radhika Kale and Vishakha Jaiswal received Wipro Earthian Award 2014 worth Rs. 1.5 Lakhs at the hands of Azim Premji at Bangalore.
- Under-graduate students are recipient of Platinum Certification from BSNL under the Employability Enhancement Training Program (EETP) of AICTE.
- Students participation in Design contests organized by various industrial houses and reputed institutes including Texas Instruments, ATMEL, ROBOCON, GOOGLE, IITs etc.
- Our Alumna are working in companies across the Globe, such as Intel, Xilinx, Altera, IBM ,Texas Instruments ,Cadence , SoCtronics, Cisco, Cognizant, Microsoft , Tech Mahindra, Wipro VLSI ,TCS ,Infosys, Accenture, Mahindra & Mahindra etc.
- Recipient of Kunj-Bihari Memorial Trophy (BEST BRANCH CUP) for all round performance in Placements, Sports, Music, Drama, Literary Activities.
- IGNITE: Alumni – Student Mentorship Program
- Rashtrasant Tukadoji Maharaj Nagpur University (RTMNU) has adjudged Prof. Bhalchandra Hardas, Assistant Professor , Electronics Engineering department, as the Best Teacher ( Social Activity) for the session 2016-17.
- Individual with a creative and inventive mind and good knowledge of physics and mathematics will find Electronics engineering a challenging and lucrative career.
- Electronics engineering covers a wide range of applications such as television, radio, computers, telecommunication etc. Electronics has a major role in improving productivity in industries like oil, energy, agriculture, steel, petroleum, chemical and so many other important sectors of economy.
- Electronics engineers may specialize in VLSI Design, embedded system, automotive electronics, renewable energy, communication and data systems, control systems, nanoelectronics, MEMS and medical engineering.
- Electronics Engineering is a constantly changing and widening branch of the engineering profession. Increased production and demand by government and business for communication equipment, computers, military electronics along with consumer demand, also increased research and development in automation contributes to the growth of employment opportunities in this field.