Department of Electrical Engineering endeavors to be one of the best departments in India having expertise to mould the students to cater the needs of society in the field of technology, leadership, administration, ethical and social.
To provide dynamic and scholarly environment for students to achieve excellence in core electrical and multidisciplinary fields by synergetic efforts of all stake holders of the Electrical Engineering Department and inculcate the ethical and social values.
Salient features of Department
- The Department of Electrical Engineering was established in year 1984 with a sanctioned intake of 60 students. The National Board of Accreditation has accredited the department four times in succession in the year 2001, 2006, 2012 & 2017. Presently, the Electrical Engineering Department has post graduate program (M. Tech. in Power Electronics and Power Systems) with sanctioned intake of 18, started from 2011. Department is a Recognized Research Centre, approved by RTM Nagpur University for Master of Engineering (M.E. - By Research) and Doctoral program. Department has twelve well-equipped laboratories.
- Department has two Professors, eight Associate Professors and eleven Assistant Professors on the roll. Department has well qualified and experienced faculty with industrial background. They have undertaken many consultancy projects and have been granted patent by government of India.
- The department has conducive environment for the academic and overall development of the students. The Electrical Engineering Students Association (EESA) is a platform for promoting the curricular, co-curricular and extracurricular students activities. Department students actively participate in sports and represent the college at various levels. Students are keenly interested in contributing for social cause and join the National Service Scheme (NSS) activities. Department organizes Seminars, Guest lectures, Training programs and Product exhibitions for the students. Students get opportunity to enhance their technical skill by participating in the training program like PLC and SCADA.
- To introduce the graduating students to the latest developments in the industry, the department organizes Technical Workshop cum Exhibition named “EMPOWER”. This mega event is organized in the department for five times in year 2012, 2013, 2014, 2017 and 2018. Reputed companies namely ABB, Artic Infra Tech, Grandstream, Grundfos, Hager, Hioki, KEI Cables, L&T, Powerica, Wipro, Bergen, Biosys, HP, Rockwell Automation, Schneider, Siemens, Texas Instruments, Finolex, Highrise Transformers, TDK, Waree, Gentech, Synergy, VSP aqua mist etc. participated in the exhibition with the wide range of products to display. Around 300 students from more than 23 Engineering colleges attended these workshops every year.
- On academic front, the department results are consistently good with students seeking merit positions on the University level. The department has active Entrepreneur Development Cell to develop the entrepreneurial skills among the students. The department highly encourages the industry interaction. Students go for industry training during the vacation.
- Electrical energy is required extensively for domestic and industrial use. Thus, opportunities for electrical engineers are wide open in various fields. Students gain adequate knowledge through the programme to pursue career in engineering, software field and R&D sector. They also have the option of pursuing higher studies and Entrepreneurship ventures. They can be employed in Electrical, Telecommunication, Computer hardware or software, Network, and Automobile industries. Consumer goods sector, power stations, designing and Manufacturing of electrical equipments, electrical machines, and many others employment avenues are also open for the graduates of electrical engineering.
|Bachelor of Engineering||Degree||Bachelor of Engineering in Electrical Engineering|
|Duration||4 Year(8 Semesters) (Full time)|
|Intake||60 Student per year|
|NBA Status||National Board of Accreditation has accredited the department four times in succession in the year 2001, 2006, 2012 & 2017.|
|Master of Engineering||Degree||M. Tech. (Power Electronics & Power System )|
|Duration||2 Year(4 Semesters) (Full time)|
|Intake||18 Student per year|