Department of Electrical Engineering endeavors to be one of the best departments in India having expertise to mould the students to cater the needs of society in the field of technology, leadership, administration, ethical and social.
To provide dynamic and scholarly environment for students to achieve excellence in core electrical and multidisciplinary fields by synergetic efforts of all stake holders of the Electrical Engineering Department and inculcate the ethical and social values.
Salient features of Department
- The Department of Electrical Engineering was established in year 1984 with a sanctioned intake of 60 students for B.E. (Electrical Engineering). The National Board of Accreditation has accredited the department five times in succession in the year 2001, 2006, 2012, 2017 and 2020. Presently, the Electrical Engineering Department also has post graduate program (M. Tech. in Power Electronics and Power Systems) with sanctioned intake of 12, started from 2011. The department is a Recognized Research Centre, approved by RTM Nagpur University for Doctoral program. It has fourteen well-equipped laboratories.
- The department has one Professors, five Associate Professors and nine Assistant Professors on the roll. The faculty is well qualified and experienced with industrial background. Ten faculty members have already completed their Ph.D and two are pursuing . They have undertaken many consultancy projects and have been granted patent by government of India.
- The department has conducive environment for the academic and overall development of the students. The Electrical Engineering Students Association (EESA) is a platform for promoting the curricular, co-curricular and extracurricular students activities. Department students actively participate in sports and represent the college at various levels. Students are keenly interested in contributing for social cause and join the National Service Scheme (NSS) activities. The department organizes Seminars, Guest lectures, Training programs and Product exhibitions for the students. Students get opportunity to enhance their technical skill by participating in the training program like PLC, SCADA, Microcontroller applications, IoT applications and Simulation & hardware skills.
- To introduce the graduating students to the latest developments in the industry, the department organizes Technical Workshop cum Exhibition named “EMPOWER”. This mega event was organized in the department for five times in year 2012, 2013, 2014, 2017 and 2018. Reputed companies namely ABB, Artic Infra Tech, Grandstream, Grundfos, Hager, Hioki, KEI Cables, L&T, Powerica, Wipro, Bergen, Biosys, HP, Rockwell Automation, Schneider, Siemens, Texas Instruments, Finolex, Highrise Transformers, TDK, Waree, Gentech, Synergy, VSP aqua mist etc. participated in the exhibition with the wide range of products to display. Around 300 students from more than 23 Engineering colleges attended these workshops every year.
- To facilitate the overall development and leadership skills in the students, they are encouraged to organize and participate in various events like conferences, workshop, competitions, visits etc. The department has active Entrepreneur Development Cell to develop the entrepreneurial skills among the students. The department highly encourages the industry interaction. Students go for industry training during the vacation.
- Electrical energy is required extensively for domestic and industrial use. Thus, opportunities for electrical engineers are wide open in various fields. They can find employment in industries related with Electrical Engineering, Telecommunication, Computer hardware , Networking, Automobile, Electric Vehicle, Automation Consumer goods sector, Power Stations, Electricity Transmission & Distribution utilities, Manufacturing plants, Plant Engineering, Industrial design & maintenance and many others. The curriculum is so design that the graduates can also decide to join IT/Software industries as a career option.
- Since 2011, due to regular revision in curriculum as and when required and active involvement of industry and alumni, more than 70 % students get placed on campus in core and IT industries. Many other succeed in competitive exams and go for higher studies. Due to the incubation centre and support for start-ups some students have also become entrepreneurs.
|Bachelor of Engineering||Degree||Bachelor of Engineering in Electrical Engineering|
|Duration||4 Year(8 Semesters) (Full time)|
|Intake||60 Student per year|
|NBA Status||National Board of Accreditation has accredited the department four times in succession in the year 2001, 2006, 2012, 2017 & 2020.|
|Master of Engineering||Degree||M. Tech. (Power Electronics & Power System )|
|Duration||2 Year(4 Semesters) (Full time)|
|Intake||12 Student per year|