About Department UG Programme PG Programme Research Center Events/Activities Faculty Students Achievements Infrastructure Placements Alumni
Program Education Objectives of Computer Science and Engineering Department are:
- To prepare graduates to apply the broad set of techniques, tools, and skills from science, mathematics and engineering required to solve problems in Computer Science and Engineering.The field of Computer Science & Engineering is a fast evolving field and caters to multiple disciplines. The focus is to imbibe necessary skill set amongst the students and develop competencies to solve basic computer science & engineering problem.
- To prepare graduates to address practices in computer science and engineering using software development life cycle principles.The department aims to develop good analytical and designing skills amongst students, while emphasizing on theoretical and practical aspects of computer science.
- To provide adequate training & opportunities to work as teams in multidisciplinary projects.The department aims at encouraging team spirit through projects which are multidisciplinary in nature.
- To prepare the graduates to exhibit professionalism, communication skills, ethical attitude, and practice their profession with high regard to legal and ethical responsibilities.The department recognizes the need for effective communication in students and strives to enhance this aspect. The department feels that apart from curricular studies, it is necessary to impart good moral values in the students so that they are aware of their social responsibilities.
- To prepare graduates for engaging in life-long learning, such as post graduate study & certification courses.The department encourages the students for higher studies and certification courses to keep track with the pace of technology.
Programme Outcomes of Computer Science & Engineering are: :
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one's own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and lifelong learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Programme Specific Outcomes (PSOs)
- Foundation of Computer System: Ability to understand fundamental concepts of computer science & engineering, operating system, networking & data organization systems, hardware & software aspects of computing.
- Software development Ability: Ability to understand the software development life cycle. Possess professional skills and knowledge of software design process. Familiarity and algorithmic competence with a broad range of programming languages and open source platforms.
- Research Ability: Ability to apply knowledge base to identify research gaps in various domains, model real world problems, solves computational tasks, to provide solution for betterment of society with innovative ideas.