To continually improve the education environment, in order to develop graduates with strong academic and technical background needed to achieve distinction in the discipline. The excellence is expected in various domains like workforce, higher studies or lifelong learning. To strengthen links between industry through partnership and collaborative development works.
To develop strong foundation of theory and practices of computer science amongst the students to enable them to develop into knowledgeable, responsible professionals, lifelong learners and implement the latest computing technologies for the betterment of the society.
Salient features of Department
- The Department of Computer Science & Engineering was established in 2002, is well-equipped with state-of-the-art infrastructure.
- The state of art infrastructure includes latest configuration desktops organized in four different laboratories. There are total 170 desktops with internet facility and inter-connected by a 24 hours server and CISCO router.
- Computer laboratories have IBM and WIPRO servers and uses software of industry standard like Rational Rose, Oracle, DB2 AIX, and MSDN subscription for Microsoft products.
- The Department is an authorized training center for Oracle Certification where students pursued certification like Oracle Certified Associate (OCA) and Oracle Certified Professional (OCP). The process of signing MOU for SUN-Java Technologies is in progress.
- The Department has a distinction of consistently achieving above 95% results in the final year. Students are encouraged to appear in GATE, CAT, GRE and other competitive examinations which has resulted in increasing number of students clearing these exams. Mr. Anshul Agarwal has secured All India Rank 79 in GATE 2014 examination with GATE score of 886.
There is large employment potential for Computer Science & Engineering graduates in all sectors of industry. Computer Science Engineers have numerous career opportunities in areas like Software Industries, IT Enabled Service firms, Research Sector and Communication industry. In private sector, they can work in top firms like Accenture, Infosys, TCS, IBM India, CapGemini, Congnizant, Amdocs, etc. In Government sector they can operate in some of the reputed firms like NTPC, ONGC, ISRO, Banking Sector, Communication Industry like BSNL, MTNL etc. They have a good career scope abroad too where they can work in reputed companies like Google, Yahoo, Philips, Samsung, Nikon, Acer, etc. They can seek opportunities to work in profiles like Software Developer, Application Developer, Enterprise Architect, Data Analyst, Database Administrator, CGI Special effect developers, Client Server Systems Manager etc. in these firms. The companies like Informatica, Nvidia, Amdocs, J.P.Morgan offers dream status career prospects to the students.
After a span of two or more year of experience in IT and ITES industries, the graduates can get a good shift to Software industries like Google, Yahoo, Microsoft, Amazon, Peoplesoft, Oracle etc. There is also good employment potential at local software industries based in Nagpur like: Global Logic Pvt Ltd, Persistent Systems, Infocepts etc.
Industry Institute Interaction
The Department has good industry interaction with Software industries, Government organization and Private Sectors around the region. The Memorandum of Understanding is signed for Student Projects, Faculty Trainings, and Research work. The industry offers problem definitions to pre-final and final year students for projects along with guidance. The final outcome in most of projects is integrated as part of product and utilized by industry.
The industry offers training in recent trend and technology in the form of Open Elective courses. The guest lectures are organized by department by inviting industry experts in the areas of Mobility, Big Data, and Storage Management.
To provide platform for students to demonstrate skill, department organize yearly technical event “Polaris”. This event is organized in association with Computer Society of India (CSI). The event witness large participation of students from various institutes across Nagpur region. The event is judged by industry experts.
Every year an industry tour is organized by department to reputed Software Industries in India to help students to get acquainted with environment and working culture of software industry.