To be a knowledge centre in civil engineering education, training, research, entrepreneurship and industry outreach services for creating sustainable infrastructure and enhancing quality of life.
To generate quality civil engineers with strong technical and managerial skills through creation of conducive environment for creative learning and research in association with stake holders.
Rapidly growing infrastructure demands for highly qualified competent Civil engineers. Considered as one of the oldest engineering disciplines, Civil Engineering involves planning, designing and executing infrastructural development works. The profession deals with a wide variety of tasks that envisages designing, supervision and construction activities of bridges, tunnels, buildings, airports, dams, water works, sewage systems, ports, etc. and offer a multitude of challenging career opportunities. With privatization, liberalization, and globalization the scope of Civil Engineering has enhanced many folds.
Salient features of Department
- The department was established in 1984, runs a Under-Graduate and two post graduate programmes namely M. Tech. (Structural Engineering) Full-Time and M. Tech. (Geotechnical Engineering) Part-Time.
- UG program is accredited thrice by NBA, New Delhi. The details are:
21-12-2001 (3 Years)
28-08-2006 (3 Years)
05-08-2013 (2 Years)
24-05-2017 (3 Years)
- PG program M. Tech. (Structural Engineering) is accredited thrice by NBA, New Delhi. The details are: 27-12-2016 (2 Years).
- Department is actively associated with research institutes like NEERI (National Environmental Engineering Research Institute) and professional bodies like, IWWA (Indian Water Works Association), ICI (Indian Concrete Institute), GES (Geotechnical Engineering Society).
- Department has also signed Memorundum Of Understanding (MoU) with various reputed organizations such as Maharashtra Remote Sensing Application Centre(MRSAC), Indian Water Works Association (IWWA), Artefacts Project Ltd.,M/S P.T.Mase and Associates, GEO systems Research And Consultants (India) Pvt. Ltd., M/s Aditi Infotech, Sunil Hitech Engineers Ltd.,Kaware and Jawade Projects Pvt.Ltd. and VSPM Dental College and Research Centre. Large number of the students participate in various co-curricular and extra-curricular activities are conducted by the department in close association with MOU signatories, construction firms, professional bodies etc.
- The Department is also providing testing and consultancy services in the field of Geotechnical Engineering, Environmental / Waste water Engineering, Concrete Technology, Transportation Engineering, Strength of materials and Estimation and Surveying work with its well-equipped laboratories.
- The faculty has successfully completed many consultancy assignments for organizations such as BPCL, WCL, MOIL, Ispat Industries, J.K. Paper mills, etc. Civil Engineering Department offered consultancy to Vidarbha Irrigation Development Corporation, Atomic Mineral Directorate Govt of IndiaGimatex Industries.
- The department has Civil Engineering students Association(CESA), a platform for students to exhibit their academic and extra-curricular talent through various seminars, workshops and conferences conducted by students themselves. CESA also organizes NEEV , a technical, entrepreneurship development workshop every year.
- The department is proud of its alumni who are working in prestigious organizations such as PWD, CPWD, IRCON, RITES, AFCONS, etc. Many of the alumni are successful entrepreneurs in the field of Civil Engineering.
- The Department is an approved research centre of RTM Nagpur University for M. E. by Research & Ph.D. Programmes. The department has 10 Ph.D and 24 M.Tech. or equivalent faculties amongst them.
- The results of the students in the examinations are excellent under autonomy structure.
- Civil engineering graduates in general have a wide scope with respect to their career planning. To name some, a structural consultant, project manager, entrepreneur, software professional, and armed service professional.
- Civil engineering graduates find their prominent places in all the major construction projects carried out by the state or central public works departments, Indian railways, armed forces along with construction companies like L&T ECC, Hindustan constructions, IVRCL, Simplex, etc.
- Various NGOs working in environment and water sector seek services of Civil engineers as consultant at national and state level. They can join the Engineering and Administrative services through competitive examinations conducted by Union Public Service Commission and State Public Service Commission.
Programmes Offered by the department
B. E. Civil Engineering (1st Shift)
B. E. Civil Engineering (2nd Shift)
M. Tech. Structural Engineering (Full Time)
M. Tech. Geotechnical Engineering (Part Time)
Programme Education Objectives (PEOs) BE Civil EngineeringThe graduate shall be able to:
PEO1. Demonstrate the competence in various civil engineering fields as practicing engineer/entrepreneur/researcher/academician or to pursue higher studies.
PEO2. Enhance the technical ability to deal and execute various civil engineering problems.
PEO3. Exhibit managerial skills, ethical values and engage themselves in lifelong learning in the context of technological changes.
Programme Outcomes (POs) : BE Civil Engineering :
- Exhibit knowledge of civil engineering and basic sciences.
- Identify, formulate and analyze civil engineering problems of various domains.
- Design and solve various civil engineering components with environmental, social and safety considerations.
- Comprehend and solve interdisciplinary engineering problems through system approach.
- Select and apply modern engineering tool, software and state of art equipment to solve civil engineering problems.
- Demonstrate the understanding of social, cultural and legal issues in professional activities.
- Knowledge of contemporary issues such as effect of technology on environment and importance of sustainable development.
- Integrate the knowledge of values and professional ethics in their activities.
- Demonstrate the ability to participatory learning and working in group as a member or leader to accomplish target.
- Prepare reports to present and communicate technical information effectively.
- Plan, organize and manage civil engineering projects with effective use of financial and human resources.
- Adopt and adapt technological changes through skill up gradation for lifelong learning.
Dr. P. Pachpor
PROGRAMME EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES (PG-STRUCTURAL ENGINEERING)
- The Programme will prepare graduates to perform structural analysis and Steel/RCC design of various structural systems.
- The Programme will prepare graduates to take up industrial project and research work in the relevant domain.
PROGRAMME OUTCOMES (PG-STRUCTURAL ENGINEERING)
- The graduates will have an ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science and engineering while analysis and design of structural components.
- The graduates will have ability to think critically and adopt innovative approach for analyzing complex structural engineering problems.
- The graduates will be able to solve complex structural engineering problems and able to propose optimal, feasible and economical design solution.
- The graduates will be capable to take research projects in relevant field and develop modern solution using advanced technological concepts.
- The graduates will be able to identify and use modern tools/equipments/softwares used for analysis and design of structural engineering components.
- The graduates will be able to participate in collaborative and multidisciplinary work in order to contribute the overall development of the society.
- The graduates will be able to participate in group projects and have ability to manage project competently through efficient and optimal use of resources.
- The graduates will be able to communicate technical details effectively through oral presentation and written documents.
- The graduate will be able to engage themselves in life-long learning and keep on updating themselves with technological advances.
- The graduates will be able to understand and follow ethical practices in structural engineering.
- The graduates will be able to critically examine, judge and decide independently the outcome of work carried out.
PROGRAMME EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES (PG-GEOTECHNICAL ENGINEERING)
- The Programme will prepare graduates to perform analysis and design of various geotechnical structures.
- The Programme will prepare graduates to take up industrial project in the field of geotechnical engineering and allied area and also research work in the relevant domain.
PROGRAMME OUTCOMES (PG-GEOTECHNICAL ENGINEERING)
- The graduates are expected to have an ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science and engineering while analysis and design of geotechnical structure ant its components.
- The graduates are expected to have ability to predict geotechnical problems and adopt innovative solutions.
- The graduates are expected to solve complex geotechnical engineering problems and able to propose optimal, feasible and economical design solution.
- The graduates are expected to have capability to take research projects in the field of geotechnical, geo-environment engineering and also able to develop modern solution using advanced technological concepts.
- The graduates are expected to identify and use modern tools /equipments for analysis and design of components of geotechnical structures.
- The graduates are expected to participate in collaborative and multidisciplinary work in order to contribute the overall development of the society.
- The graduates are expected to participate in group projects and have ability to manage project competently through efficient and optimal use of resources.
- The graduates are expected to communicate technical details effectively through oral presentation and written documents.
- The graduates are expected to engage themselves in life-long learning and keep on updating themselves with technological advances.
- The graduates are expected to understand and follow ethical practices in geotechnical engineering.
- The graduates are expected to critically examine, judge and decide independently the outcome of work carried out.
Details of Ph.D. & ME by Research Scholars
|Sr. No||Name of the Candidate||Name of the Supervisor||Topic||Date of Registration||Status|
|1||Choudhary S. R.||Dr. S.L. Atmapoojya & Dr. R.T. Jadhao||Evaluation of lime & Fly Ash of vidharbha region for construction in civil engg.||28/07/2008||Awarded|
|2||Bihade O. S.||Dr. S.S. Kulkarni & Dr. J.P. Modak||"Ergonomics Evaluation of Construction Activities"||18/10/2006||Awarded|
|3||Sahasrabuddhe H. S.||Dr. A. G. Bhole||Application of Green Building Concept for an Integrated Township Project A Case Study||12/01/2010||Awarded|
|4||Dhamge N.R||Dr. M. S. Kadu||Rainfall Runoff Modeling Studies Using Artificial Neural Network||17/02/2009||Awarded|
|5||Joshi S.V.||Dr. M. S. Kadu||Diagnostic study of Compressive Strength of Ambient and Heat cured low Calcium Fly Ash based Geo-polymer Concrete.||14/08/2008||Awarded|
|6||Sharma A.K.||Dr.Vishrut Landge & Dr.N.V.Deshpande||Effect of Road Geometry and Traffic Characteristics on Crash Rate for Multilane Highways with Heterogeneous Traffic||18/11/2010||Awarded|
|7||Agrawal A. K.||Dr. M. S. Kadu||Removal of Pollutants from Industrial Effluents using fly ash & admixtures.||02/06/2010||Awarded|
|8||Pachpor P. D.||Dr.L.M.Gupta & Dr. N. V. Deshpande||Study of Steel beams with web opening||12/01/2009||Awarded|
|9||Shende T. G.||Dr.S.R.Chaudhari||Formulation and Evaluation of High strength Masonry Cement from Local Materials||11/04/2012||Awarded|
|10||Dekate M. N.||Dr.P.S.Pajgade||Critical Review and Evaluation of Public Private Partnership (PPP) Projects for Social cause with special reference to Infrastructure in the state of Maharashtra (India)||10/01/2012||Awarded|
|11||Gadge R. B.||Dr.P.S.Pajgade||Parametric study of Substructure for bridges in Maharashtra (India)||10/01/2012||Submitted|
|12||Muley M. R.||Dr. M. S. Kadu & Dr. S. R. Chaudhari||Disaster Management of Urban Water Supply System Using Hydraulic Model||15/01/2011||Submitted|
|13||Rai V.K.||Dr.N.S.Raman & Dr. H. V. Hajare||Development of an Enviro-legal Framework for pollution abatement in Indian industry||15/01/2011||Submitted|
|14||Hiwase P. D.||Dr. N.S. Raman||Development of a Practically Oriented Method for Environmental impact Assessment (EIA) Audits in India||15/01/2011||Submitted|
|15||Wadhai P. J.||Dr. A. D. Ghare & Dr. N. V. Deshpande||Experimental Studies On Flow Characteristics of Convergent Stepped Spillways||14/07/2008||Submitted|
|16||Tayade K. C||Dr. N. V. Deshpande & Dr. A. D. Phophale||Study of Thermal effects and Consequences onConcrete and the role of Admixtures and fibers||15/01/2009||Submitted|
|17||Deshpande C.||Dr. N. V. Deshpande||Application of Ferro cement for grain storage silos for various H/D ratio of Container wall of some Capacity||13/07/2010||Submitted|
|18||Gawaikar V.||Dr.A.G.Bhole||"Assessing the Impact of Environmental Management System Implementation on improving Environmental Performance"||12/12/2012||Pursuing|
|19||Paranjpe S. V.||Dr. M.S. Kadu||Spatial Correlation of Surface and Sub- Surface Hydrological parametera for basin development||15/01/2012||Pursuing|
|20||Kulkarni P. B.||Dr. A. G. Bhole||Studies about Jet as an alternative Methods in Process of Flocculation||10/08/2006||Pursuing|
|21||Rao T. K.||Dr. Saklecha||Development and Performance Evaluation of Integrated Reinforced Swelling Subgrade System for Pavement Construction||05/01/2007||Pursuing|
|M.E. by Research|
|1||Agrawal A. K.||Prof. Shashi Shankar||Investigation into Ancchor pull of foundation||1/07/2006||Awarded|
|2||Rathod V. N.||Dr. M. S. Kadu||Study of some Aspect of Regional Rural water Supply Scheme for Improved Operation and Management||13/01/2011||Awarded|
Capacity building activities
Prof. M.S. Tiwari (Advisor Audacious) Prof A.A. Mehta and Prof N.S. Agrawal has organized State Level two days event “Audacious 17” from 03rd and 04th October, 2017.
Dignitaries unveiling Audacious 17
Department has organized several guest lectures, the details are below
|Topic of Guest Lecture||Date||Name of the Expert, Designation and Organization|
|Alignment of Canal||09/10/2017||Mr. Narayan Gajanan Oke, Retired Deputy Engineer, Irrigation Department.|
|Entrepreneurship||27/10/2017||Mr. Gurudev Somani, Alumini Of RCOEM, Nagpur.|
|Air Pollution And Its Control Equipments||01/11/2017||Dr. Dilip Lataye, Associate Professor, VNIT, Nagpur.|
1. Guest Lecture Delivered
1. Dr. V.A. Dakhwale, “Sustainable Water Technology”, 23 December 2017, Prof Ram Meghe College of Engineering and Management, Badnera one day workshop for faculties.
2. STTP attended
1. Faculty Development Programme on “Finite Element Practice and Applications” organized by Indian Institute of Information Technology, Design and Manufacturing, Jabalpur from 31stOctober to 4th November, 2017.
Department has organized several site visits, the details are below
a.Students of IIIrd Year Civil Engineering visited Bhandewadi, Nagpur on 12-10-2017.
b.Students of II Semester M. Tech. Structural Engineering and Industrial Engineering visited construction site with prestressed concrete slab located at Pratapnagar, Nagpur, Maharashtraon 11/01/2018 at 12:00 pm. Total 19 Students visited this site. This visit was organized by civil engineering department so that students get exposure to structural aspect of building specifically prestressed concrete slab.
c.Site Visit at Muktagiri, Betul, Madhya Pradesh
Students of I Semester and III Semester M. Tech. Structural Engineering and I Semester M. Tech. Geotechnical Engineering visited rock slope stabilization project located at Muktagiri, Betul, Madhya Pradesh on 10/10/2017 at 01:00 pm. Total 39 Students visited this site. This visit was organized by civil engineering department so that students get exposure to structural and geotechnical aspect of rock slope stabilization. Dr. R. N. Khapre, Prof. R. P. Kinhikar, Dr. S. P. Siddh, Prof. P. D. Hiwase, and Prof. N. S. Agrawal accompanied students during the visit. During the visit, students observed construction and installation of gabian wall and wire mesh installation for rock slope stabilization. Engineer Mr. Arpit Nage working with Mr. Suhas Bhave at Muktagiri explained ongoing works for strengthening the slope.
Beyond academics:1.Parent – Teacher Meet
Parent – Teacher Meet was organized by the Civil Engineering Department on October07, 2017 (Saturday) from 10.00 a.m to 12.00 p.m at K-1/5 for current session 2017-18 (Odd sem). The meeting was addressed by the head of the department Dr. M. S. Kadu and it was attended by various faculty members of the department.2.Alumni Meet
The alumni meet has been a tradition conducted by RCOEM. In view of improving interaction with passed out students with their alma mater, an alumni meet was organized by Civil Engineering Department on October 03, 2017 (Tuesday) from 7.00 p.m to 10.30 p.m, There was a wonderful cultural program followed by exciting games and dinner at MBA parking for dearly loved alumni.
The Civil Engineering Department of Shri Ramdeobaba College Of Engineering and Management organized NEEV- A technical extravaganza, it aims to provide a platform for civil engineering students to enhance their technical skills and to bridge the gap between classroom teaching and practical application. The Advancement of construction industry has opened up many new business avenues for civil engineering fraternity. NEEV’17 was organized in the view to promote ‘Sustainable Infrastructure Development in Civil Engineering’. Five major technical events were organized namely MAD-4-CAD (an event to test the AutoCAD skills of participants), Elevate (a mock recruitment competition), Elucidation (a technical paper presentation), Buildcon (a bridge making and testing competition), Town-o-planner (town planning event); all these events covered various aspects of construction and building and other technical knowledge of Civil Engineering industry. Workshop on "Sustainable Infrastructure Development in Civil Engineering "was conducted on 15th and 16thSeptember, 2017. The major focus of the workshop was on areas like Sustainable and intelligent transport system, sustainable planning, sustainable materials, geo techniques and environment etc.
Mr. P Guru Raju (AGM, AFCONS, Pvt. Ltd) was the chief guest for the inaugural function, Dr. R. S. Pande (Principal, RCOEM), Dr. M.S. Kadu (HOD, Civil), Dr. A. K. Sharma (Advisor CESA) Prof P. D. Hiwase (Professor In-charge, CESA) were also present for the inaugural function. Mr. P Guru Raju conducted a session on Proactive planning for accelerated construction - Ganga Bridge - A case study. Dr. Ritesh Vijay(Senior Scientist ,NEERI) conducted a session on Sustainable Liquid Waste Management , Dr. Tarun Shrivastava gave a motivational speech, Dr. Rahul Ralegaonkar (Asst. Professor, VNIT) focussed on the topic of Sustainable Building Material, Dr. Shirish Deo (Prof, NIT Raipur) emphasized on the topic of Sustainable Concrete & Dr. A. K. Sharma conducted seminar on Sustainable Development in Transport Engineering were present for the event as the guest speakers. The event was concluded with the release of Souvenir of NEEV 2017 & a Valedictory function was held to felicitate all the winners in different events of NEEV17 at the hands of Mr. Ashok Harwani (Sr. Manager, WCL), the Chief Guest for the Valedictory function. Over 500 students from central India participated in the various event & workshop. The department and the association are grateful to the Head of the Civil Engineering Department, Dr. M. S. Kadu for his overall support.
Guest Lecture (2017-18)
Civil Engineering Department has organized guest lecture on 19 July 2017 by Mr. Hitesh Lahoti, who is well known RCC & Structural Consultant from Pune. The topic of guest lecture was “Brief information and demonstration of STAAD.pro and ETABS software’s”. He demonstrated various capabilities of STAAD.pro and ETABS software through live examples. About 69 students from FIRST Shift and 38 students from SECOND Shift of FINAL year BE Civil Engineering attended his guest lecture. About 10 faculty members also attended his guest lecture.
Parent Teacher Meet
A Parent – Teacher Meet was organized by the Civil Engineering Department on 13 April 2017 (Thursday) from 10.00 am to 12.00 pm at Room No K-1/5 for even semester 2016-17. The meeting was addressed by the head of the department Dr. M. S. Kadu and it was attended by various faculty members of the department. This meet received a good response from the parents of IV (Shift I & Shift II), VI (Shift I & Shift II), and VIII (Shift I & Shift II) semester students. Parents visited the department and interacted with concerned faculty members.
Department of Civil Engineering offered a new Elective Course CET 410-3: Bridge Engineering for the VIII semester B. E. student’s academic year 2016-17 onwards. The content of this course is field oriented as it is based on the planning and design of road, railway Bridges. The course specifically needs the industry expert along with the regular faculty member to understand the theoretical and practical aspect of bridges design.
For the said purpose an expert lecture has been organized on 25 March 2017 by Prof. Suyog U. Dhote in coordination with Dr. P. D. Pachpor. Mr. Bhushan J. Malkhadale, Deputy Engineer, MSRDC, Nagpur was expert who covered various topics like Introduction to Road and Railway Bridge Design, Details of General Arrangement of Drawings, Parameters considered in Bridge Design, etc. during his lecture. Around 30 students of final year BE Civil along with Dr. M. S. Kadu and few faculty members attended this lecture.
Entrepreneurship Development Cell
A workshop on “AUDACIOUS’17” A Startup Conclave in Civil Engineering, was organized by Entrepreneurship Development Cell, Civil Engineering Department on 23 February 2017. Various speakers from industry delivered expert lectures in this workshop. The details are as follows
|SN||Name of Speaker||Topic of Lecture|
|1||Dr. Mrs. Valson||Integration of Civil engineering with Interior Designing to open new business fronts with special reference to girl students.|
|2||Mr Anil Nair||Recent changes in Rules and Regulations in the area of development and construction of flat schemes|
|3||Mr. Prasanna Sutone||Unfolding opportunities by integrating solar systems in construction of structures|
|4||Mr. Kunal Dubey||Opportunities in the soft skill sector in civil engineering with special reference to BIS|
|5||Dr. Dilip Mase||Opportunities of enterprise in various structural fields|
|6||Dr. Rohit Mane||Business opportunities in the areas of surveying, Geometrics and remote sensing|
|7||Mr. Prakash Ghushe||Opportunities of business in the areas of construction chemicals and seepage control|
|8||Dr Ramulu More||Business Opportunities in Controlled Blasting techniques with special reference to Demolition of Structures and Urban blasting like Metro rail|
|9||Prof. Uday Mujumdar||Business opportunities in Home Automation|
|10||Prof. M S Tiwari||Legalities involved in civil engineering business|
|11||Dr. P. D. Pachpor||Motivational speech on Entrepreneurship|
|12||Ms. Kushal Kadu and Ms. Neha Janbade||Judges of competition on “Layouting”|
|13||Mr. Motwani||Judge of competition on “Tendering”|
“Technicalities of Water GEMS Software”
Civil Engineering Department has organized a Virtual Session on “Technicalities of WaterGEMS Software” on 12th January 2017. The session was presented by Mr. Karthik Sundaresan and moderated by Ms. Prita Bhattacharya from Bentley Institute Academic Services with the coordination of Mr. Prabhat Bhatt from Bentley Systems and Dr. Mahendra Kadu and Ms. L. R. Gangwani from RCOEM. This session provided exposure to Bentley WaterGEMS software and its capabilities.
“Context Capture, Acute 3D & Microstation”
Civil Engineering Department has conducted another Virtual Session on “Context Capture, Acute 3D & Microstation” on 17th January 2017. This session was also moderated by Ms. Prita Bhattacharya from Bentley. Learning units/Certificates were also awarded to the students who attended the session.
"Short Term Train Program (STTP)"
Department of Civil Engineering has organized one week Short Term Train Program (STTP) on “Application of IS 800-2007 in Design of Steel Structures” from 12 to 16 January 2017. Around 40 participants in and around Nagpur have attended this STTP. The event is inaugurated by Dr. M. M. Basole, VNIT, Nagpur. Various experts from VNIT, Nagpur such as Dr. L. M. Gupta, Dr. A. Khatri, Dr. S. V. Bakre, Dr. J. Bhilave and Dr. A. V. Vyavahare delivered expert lectures on various topics during these five day event. Dr. Ramesh Meghrajani, CEO, Neo Infraservices Pvt. Ltd. Nagpur also shared his field expertise during this event. A field visit at PEB Structures at Gondkhairi, Nagpur was also organized on 16 January 2016 for practical exposure to the participants.
Department of Civil Engineering has organized various Guest Lecture for UG/PG students
|1||Mr. B L Mehta, Director, M/s P L Mehta Construction company, Chandigarh||Construction techniques||21 October 2016|
|2||Mr. Rohit Naik, Business Director, Apple Chemie India Pvt. Ltd.||How to Choose Construction Chemical For Advanced Projects||22 October 2016|
|3||Mrs. Meenal Dehadrai, Aquades Structural Consultants Pvt Ltd.||How to Read Structural Drawing||24 October 2016|
|4||Mr. Manmath Deshpande, Head, Aptitude Development Centre, Nagpur||Vedic Mathematics||18-19 January 2017|
Department has organized a National Conference on ‘Development in Civil Engg. & Technology for Smart Cities (DCESC 2016)’ on 19th and 20th Feb 2016 in association with Indian Water Works Association.
Department has organized One day workshop on “Blasting Methods for construction and demolition” on 7 Feb. 2015
Department of Civil Engineering has organized various site visits of UG/PG students
|SN||Event||Date||No of Students|
|1||Site visit to Gorewada Water Treatment Plant (WTP)||7 August 2015||16|
|2||Site visit to Gorewada Water Treatment Plant (WTP)||5 August 2016||11|
List of Faculties
List of industry based projects carried out in 2015-16
|Year||Project Title||Industry/ Organization|
|1||Diagnosis of Water Distribution System using Dynamic Analysis||O.N. Mukherjee Engg. Consultants, Nagpur|
|2||Study of Small Capacity Sewage Treatment Plants||S.K. Construction , Nagpur|
|3||Use of Fibre Reinforced Polymers Strengthening of Concrete Structures||Mr. Suhas P. Bhave Engineers & Contractors|
|4||Identification of Ground Water Recharge Potential Zone for AAM River Watershed by Using GIS and Remote Sensing||Maharashtra Remote sensing Application Centre, VNIT, Nagpur|
List of Consultancy Projects carried out
The department has successfully completed many consultancies and testing assignments for organizations such as
- Ispat Industries
- J.K. Paper mills
- Atomic Mineral directorate (GOI)
- GIMATX industries
- Vidarbha Irrigation Development Corporation
- Maharashtra state police housing and welfare corporation Ltd.
|Sr. No.||Year||Total Amount|
|1||2016-17||Rs. 2,91,331/- (20 Lacks upcomming)|
List of Memorandum of Understanding signed
|Sr. No.||Name of Organizations||Nature of Organizations||Date of MOU & Duration|
|1||INDIAN WATER WORKS ASSOCIATION, NAGPUR||Professional body||17/8/2015 for 3 Years|
|2||GEO SYSTEMS RESEARCH & CONSULTANTS (INDIA) LTD. ,NAGPUR||Testing & consultancy firm||17/8/2015 for 3 Years|
|3||P.T. MASE & ASSOCIATES, NAGPUR||Structural Consultants||17/8/2015 for 3 Years|
|4||IMAGIS, NAGPUR||Consultancy firm||17/8/2015 for 3 Years|
|5||ARTEFACT PROJECT LTD.||Construction company||17/8/2015 for 3 Years|
|6||KAWARE & JAWADE PROJECT PVT. LTD., NAGPUR||Consultancy firm||17/8/2015 for 3 Years|
|7||V.S.P.M. DENTAL COLLEGE, NAGPUR||Education Institute, Dental College||8/6/2016 for 3 years|
|8||GROUNDWATER SURVEYS & DEVELOPMENT AGENCY,NAGPUR||Groundwater Agency for exploration, development & augmentation of groundwater resources in the State.||28/06/2016 for 3 years|
Department has separate Departmental Library equipped with
- (E)-American society of civil engineers ASCE e-journals Package
- Civil Engineering Books
- Project Report (B.E Civil)
- Project Report (M. Tech. Geotech.)
- Project Report (M. Tech. Structure)
- ICS Reports (UG)
- NPTL videos and e-books
- Test Examination Answer Sheets
- End Semester Question Papers (UG,PG)
- Test Examination Question Papers (UG)
List of Major facilities available in Laboratories
|Sr. No.||Name of Equipment||Make and Specifcation||Laboratory|
|1||Plate Load Test||Plate Load Test[With Plain M.S.Plate 300 x 300 x 25, Plainm S.Plate 600 x 600 x 25, Load Truss 500 KN Capacity & PBT App.]||Geotechnical Engineering Laboratory|
|2||Shimadzu Top Loading Balance With Printer||Shimadzu Top Loading Balance With Printer|
|3||Direct Shear Apparatus(Electronic)||Direct Shear Apparatus(Electronic)|
|4||Triaxial Test (Electronic)||(Electronic)|
|5||Field Pressure Meter||Field Pressure Meter [With 10 Nos. Casing Pipe For AX, 1 No. Casing Shoe For AX, 10 Nos. Casing Pipe For BX, 1 No. Casing Shoe For BX & 1 No. Soaking Tank For Sub-Soil Deformeter]|
|6||Six Gang Consolidation App. With Weight And Accessories||Six Gang Consolidation App. With Weight And Accessories|
|7||Vane Shear Test App.||(In Situ , Witgout Dial Gauge) Vane With Vane Rod 65mm diax130mmhigh,75mmx150mm,100mm,200mm|
|8||Universal Automatic Compactor||As per IS: 2720(Part7&8)AIM: 114-1, complete with AIM: 11001-MS, Compaction mould 100mm diax127.3mm height 1000ml volume and AIM: 111001-MS compaction mould 150 mm diax127.3 mm height 2250ml volume. Complete as above|
|9||Hydraulic Sample Extruder||Electrical-cum hand operated, Sampleject-5000, AIM: 033-1|
|8||Automatic Universal Compactor||Precision Sales & Ser. Nagpur||Transportation Engineering Laboratory|
|9||Hydraulic Sample Extrude Electrical Cum Hand Operated||
Electrical Cum Hand Operated
Precision Sales & Ser. Nagpur
|10||Universal Testing Machine (Model FUT-40, FSA Make)||Model FUT-40, FSA Make||Strength of Materials Laboratory|
|11||Repair & replacement of optical sheets of POLARIS (ESA – 01A)||ESA – 01A|
|12||Digital Rockwell Hardness Tester (with all accessories)||Sr. No 266-0315|
|13||Horizontal Shake Table||Structural Dynamics Laboratory|
|14||Data acquisition system||OTHERS - CDAQs - 9178, power cord, m9901 desktop USB, screw, cables etc|
|15||Francis Turbine SHP||ALTECH,||Fluid Mechanics Laboratory|
|16||Pelton wheel Turbine||ALTECH, Pelton Wheel 5 HP|
|17||Hydraulic Tilting Flume With Accessaries||4” Flume, 10 HP , 4” Piping System and Footvalve and Venturimeter& Monometer|
|18||Wind Tunnel Open Circuit|
|19||371,Water Analyzer (Colorimeter,d.o.,TDS,pH,Salinity,Temp.)Make:Systronics||
Model no 371 (Colorimeter,d.o.,TDS,pH,Salinity,Temp.)
|Environmental Engineering Laboratory|
|20||Horizontal Laminar Air Flow Work Station (2014-15)||Model no -Make BTI - 31, Monarch Enterprises, Nagpur|
|21||Spectrophotometer UV VIS Model 1800 Make Shimadzu, Quartz Cell 10 mm path length, 3.5 ml Cap. Usb cable. Sharp control equipment pvt. Ltd.||UV VIS Model 1800 Make Shimadzu, Quartz Cell 10 mm path length, 3.5 ml Cap. Usb cable. Sharp control equipment pvt. Ltd.|
|21||compression Testing Machine of capacity 2000 KN mm mu based||capacity 2000 KN mm based||Concrete Laboratory|
|22||Concrete Mixer Lab.Pan type 40 liters||Concrete Mixer Lab.Pan type 40 lit|
|23||High pressure air compressor (15 kg / cm2 working pressure ) with automatic cutoff switch||AIMIL High pressure air compressor 15Kg/cm² working Pressure with automatic cut-off switch|
|24||Hot Air Oven for structural instrumentation lab.||Patel Engg Hot Air Oven for structural instrumentation lab.|
|25||Portable Press Testing Bed 15 Tones With Jack & Acc.||15 Tones With Jack & Acc.|
|26||Total station, Auto Level and Digital Planimeter||Total station, Auto Level and Digital Planimeter||Surveying Laboratory|
|27||1 sec universal theodolite||1 sec universal theodolite|
List of Software’s
|Sr. No.||Software Details||License||Supplier||Purchase Date||Cost|
|1||ISDS-STAADIII/DOS||1 User||Pertech Computers Limited||17/02/1999||52,110|
|2||AutoDESK LAND Desktop 2005||5 Users||ADCC InfoCAD Pvt. Ltd.||23/10/2004||216,125|
|3||PRIMAVERA V6.0||10 Users||ACADD Center Nagpur||14/2/2008||520,000|
|4||STAAD.pro v8i||1 User||Micropro Software Solution Pvt. Ltd||6/2/2009||116,390|
|5||ANSYS 11.0||5 Users||Active India||12/3/2009||235,000|
|6||Bentley Academic Offering – Combined Bundle + BECN India Combined SELECT Subscription||1 User||Bentley Systems India Pvt. Ltd.||10/5/2010||130,000|
|7||ArcGIS MLK (3D, SA, NA, GSA)||1 User||ESRI India||3/3/2011||630,958|
|8||ENVI (Remote Sensing & Image Processing Software)||10 Users||ADCC InfoCAD Pvt. Ltd.||12/12/2013||521,079|
Students’ Placement & Higher Studies
|Year||No. of Placements / Offer||Otherwise Placement||Opted Higher Studies|
ARTEFACT PROJECT LTD.
AMBUJA CEMENT LTD.
ABU AFRAH AL-BLAUSHITRAD. & CONT. CO. LLC.
FLUOR DANIEL INDIA PVT. LTD.
GODBOLE GATES PVT. LTD.
HCL TECHNOLOGIES – BUSINESS SERVICES
HASAN JUMA ( OMAN)
JMC PROJECTS INDIA LTD.
KEC INTERNATIONAL LTD.
L & T ECC
LANCO INFRATECH LTD.
MU SIGMA BUSINESS SOLUTIONS LTD.
MAXVAL TECHNOLOGIES PVT. LTD. (VECTRE)
MYK SCHOMBURG PVT. LTD.
NEW CONSOLIDATED CONSTRUCTION COMPANY LTD.
NAGARJUNA CONSTRUCTIONS COMPANY LTD.
SHAPOORJI PALLONJI & CO. LTD.
SIMPLEX INFRASTRUCTURES LTD.
VISA STEEL LTD.
Alumni Meet is organized every year
More than 800 civil Engg. alumni registered in college website (www. rknecalumni.net) and are connected by various other groups in facebook, twitter, yahoo, etc.
|Sr.N.||Name of Alumni||Designation||Location|
|1||Mr. Ashit Jain (University Topper and selected through UPSC)||Executive Engineer||Border Roads Development Organization, Jammu|
|2||Ms. Marisha Sharma (Overall University Topper in Engg. Faculty)||Partner, Minmech Consultancy Ltd.||International Consultant, New Delhi|
|3||Mr. Amit Seth||Managing Director||Seth Constructions, Nagpur|
|4||Mr. Neelam Bhatiya||Owner of construction firm||Civil Builder & Contractor|
|5||Mr. Rohit Thawre||Ex. Lecturere (RCOEM), Executive Engineer||Indian Railways|
|6||Mr. Sarang Paranjape||Director||IMAGIS Engg. Solutions Pvt. Ltd. Nagpur|
|7||Ms. Sakshi Agarwal||Software Analyst||INFOSYS, Pune|
|8||Ms. Nimisha Rao||Project Fellow||IIT Kanpur|
|9||Mr. Bippon Gupta||Director||Gupta Medical Equipments, New Delhi|
|10||Mr. K. K. Bajaj||RNB Overseas Limited, (Textile Yarn), Bikaner|
Being a student of RCOEM has helped me in more than one way to add valuable assets such as knowledge, confidence and plenty others to my character. Apart from imparting quality technical education it has provided me with numerous opportunities to explore my talents. As the basement formed during college days had helped me to attain great heights like IIT & IES.
Prashant Nellikwar – BE ( Civil )2006
ADEN (Indian Railway Service of Engineers)
I feel blessed to be alumni of the esteemed institute, where we were always kept on our toes, tested to the breaking point, at the same time the constant encouragement from our professors and their readiness to go an extra mile for the students, made us worthy to face the world outside the boundaries of the college. Thank you for everything.
Kshitij V Tingne BE ( Civil )2006
ISRO Satellite Centre, Bangalore
I passed out the institute in 2010. I have best memories of institute for good teaching, nice teachers, and lively atmosphere for individual growth. Being a non Nagpurian I remember college most for Hostel a home away from home. As the technical knowledge acquired during my BE helped me develop insight for my future and helped me to grab opportunities like working in Delhi Metro and Indian Railways.
Saurav Gupta BE ( Civil )2010
Senior section Engineer (Construction)
Eastern Railways zone, Indian Railways
The days I spent in Civil EnggDept of Ramdeobaba Engineering College, Nagpur has played a pivotal role in the formation of the person that I am today. I walked into the campus as a young girl with a burning passion to become aproficient engineer. The staff members paved the way to not only to realize my dreams but also introduced me into the world of cutting edge research and technology. Whenever I think of my college days nostalgic memories come flooding in, especially the togetherness I experienced with the staff and fellow students. I wish all the academic staffs and students of this prestigious institution, all the very best! Thank you Civil Dept!!!
Dr.Marisha Sharma, 1999 Civil Engineering
Director at Min Mec Consultancy Pvt. Ltd., New Delhi
My experience in Civil Dept of Ramdeobaba College, has been one that has redefined my personality as a whole. The teachers has definitely tuned my character and prepped me for a professional career. My life at RKNEC could be divided into phases of various memorable experiences that have enriched the social, educational and personal facets of my life. My faculty, the beloved Civil Engineering department has been helpful in providing me a platform to grow as an engineer. I will forever remain indebted to them for providing me unconditional support in all my endeavors. The friends I made in RKNEC will be the ones that I miss the most and grateful to them for adding colors to my life.
Sunil Dashore, 1990 Civil Engineering
Structure Engineer& Interior Designer at Sunil Dashore& Associate, Indore (M.P).